Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single moms who don't date

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
How do you handle never being touched? I don't mean sex, but like cuddles and kisses. Affection. The no sex I can mostly handle, but it's been 4 months since anyone touched me and I'm going insane.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM
It's hard. 10 years for me. I guess I'm just used to it now.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:03 AM
I wasn't touched in a lovin', gentle way for many years...I guess I'm used to it. I miss it terribly though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Does it get a bit easier after a while?

Quoting Lunarprancer: It's hard. 10 years for me. I guess I'm just used to it now.
nemo258
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I'm just used to it after 13 years. I miss it at times, but not enough to bring another man into my kids lives. My exdh ruined that trust for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:05 AM
The funny thing is that my ex hadn't really touched me like that for a long time. But I guess it wasn't as hard when there was at least someone around.

Quoting redneckmama4: I wasn't touched in a lovin', gentle way for many years...I guess I'm used to it. I miss it terribly though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I'm married and I live like that. You just get used to it. You don't wallow in it, you get busy with other things. You fill your life with other fulfilling, meaningful relationships. You create close bonds with friends and family, you have hobbies or causes you're passionate about. But most of all, you just get used to it.
shyone_91786
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:06 AM
I don't think about it and I don't have time. Between the kids and going back to school I don't know how I can squeeze dating in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM

I went about a year and a 1/2 before feeling like I was going completely insane. I went out and got myself laid....immediately regretted it lol. Seriously, I just went out and picked whoever seemed interested and obviously that was a poor life choice on my part. I went back to being alone and then my dh came along, I resisted at 1st but time showed that he really was the one for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM
It was like that while I was married for a couple years. It sucked, but somehow it didn't seem quite this bad. I guess with that I always hoped we would come out of our rut and be better.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm married and I live like that. You just get used to it. You don't wallow in it, you get busy with other things. You fill your life with other fulfilling, meaningful relationships. You create close bonds with friends and family, you have hobbies or causes you're passionate about. But most of all, you just get used to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM
I guess I could date, but I'm too screwed up to maintain a relationship. I don't trust them.

Quoting nemo258: I'm just used to it after 13 years. I miss it at times, but not enough to bring another man into my kids lives. My exdh ruined that trust for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)