Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone sell on eBay or Etsy? If so I have a question. EDITED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

If you sell on eBay or Etsy where do you get your packaging materials? I am looking for small jewelry box type boxes. Cheapest I've found is 16-Piece Kraft Square Cardboard Jewelry Boxes, 3.5 by 3.5 by 1-Inch, Brown for $8.99. That is $.56 a box. There has to be cheaper out there but where to look???

EDIT:

Suggestions of wrapping in tissue and sticking in small shipping box are tacky. I want a nice little box for rings and earrings to go in before I stick in the small shipping box or envelope. 

Did just find another place on eBay, 50 for 6.99 so $.14 a box may try them out. I'm so damn cheap but want to have a little class though.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Seriously, people are selling bulk jewelry boxes on eBay. Buy from them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:27 AM

I know this all too well but I can't seem to find a great price so I was hoping someone would suggest a seller or another site maybe.

Quoting Anonymous: Seriously, people are selling bulk jewelry boxes on eBay. Buy from them.

.oOPoisonOo.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Learn how to make your own and then teach it to your kids so they can make you a bunch...for free ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Also, those boxes you showed aren't shipping boxes. If you're selling jewelry, you'd need to put that box inside a corrugated cardboard box. In the long run, it may be less expensive to just wrap jewelry in tissue, and ship via USPS priority mail. The boxes are free, and you can arrange for package pickup at your house (no gas going to post office). You can even get the boxes delivered to you for free. Look at small boxes vs small flat rate boxes to see which is cheaper for you to send.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I don't have time to sit and make boxes. Also, I'm an empty nester. My daughter demanded $10 an hour just to be a model for some rings and necklaces. :( DH is now making me some handstands and something for the necklaces. Maybe he could learn to make boxes but doubt it.

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Learn how to make your own and then teach it to your kids so they can make you a bunch...for free ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM

I need to rephrase my question I guess.

I need the packaging boxes.

I find wrapping jewelry in tissue tacky and unprofessional. I am aiming for class and repeat business.

I already have a system with USPS and FedEx but the damn packing is kicking my ass. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Also, those boxes you showed aren't shipping boxes. If you're selling jewelry, you'd need to put that box inside a corrugated cardboard box. In the long run, it may be less expensive to just wrap jewelry in tissue, and ship via USPS priority mail. The boxes are free, and you can arrange for package pickup at your house (no gas going to post office). You can even get the boxes delivered to you for free. Look at small boxes vs small flat rate boxes to see which is cheaper for you to send.

.oOPoisonOo.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Well if you can't figure out how to make them yourself or find something that will save you five cents, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I just did a quick search for, " clever ways to ship jewelry " and found a bunch of cute ideas including using gift tags.

Image result for creative ways to ship jewelry

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't have time to sit and make boxes. Also, I'm an empty nester. My daughter demanded $10 an hour just to be a model for some rings and necklaces. :( DH is now making me some handstands and something for the necklaces. Maybe he could learn to make boxes but doubt it.

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Mobile Photo

Is that the size you're looking for? I found these on Amazon, but they are smaller. 2 3/8 x 1 1/2 x 1
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Those are adorable!! What a great idea!

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Well if you can't figure out how to make them yourself or find something that will save you five cents, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I just did a quick search for, " clever ways to ship jewelry " and found a bunch of cute ideas including using gift tags.

Image result for creative ways to ship jewelry

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM

That isn't bad. Comes down to $.20 a box. I am so damn cheap when it comes to the packaging but I want to keep it nice and classy unlike suggest tissue paper and sticking it in something.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

Is that the size you're looking for? I found these on Amazon, but they are smaller. 2 3/8 x 1 1/2 x 1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)