Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ungrateful?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
DH usually refused to do anything for me on my birthday, our anniversary, Mothers Day etc.

I stopped looking for him to celebrate me and started doing my own things.

He is upset because he said he wanted to plan a family trip with me, him, sk, and our kids for MY birthday. I said I don't want that so no thanks.

I plAnned a get away for just me and our kids for my birthday.

If you tell me where we are going and who is coming then keep the gift cuz you aren't celebrating me!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie15
by -672- on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Eh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM

It sounds like he finally gets it and wants to make an effort. In return you're still being mean to him because you resent him for the years he left you without. 

You're both going to have to try and be more loving to one another if you want the marriage to thrive. 

Unless you aren't interested in that, in which case you should continue doing as you are now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:33 AM
It is cared he would ask what I WANT.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It sounds like he finally gets it and wants to make an effort. In return you're still being mean to him because you resent him for the years he left you without. 

You're both going to have to try and be more loving to one another if you want the marriage to thrive. 

Unless you aren't interested in that, in which case you should continue doing as you are now. 

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Did he know you already made plans?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Have you posted about this before?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:35 AM

It sounds really combative and me-versus-him. I get that he hasn't been the best at celebrating, but you are being pretty petty and vindictive about it. I can't imagine wanting to plan something, even for my birthday, that excluded members of my family, especially my husband. It sounds like this is just one of many problems in your marriage.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM

It sounds like he's trying to make an effort and you aren't receptive. It may  not be exactly what you wanted or would've planned but can you talk to him about it? 

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM
What else does he do that is douchey?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Multiple times

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have you posted about this before?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM
He didn't ask what I wanted. I told him that I wasn't sitting around for him to mistreat me on my day. I told him that he can get a sitter and take me out after my friends dinner!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

It sounds like he's trying to make an effort and you aren't receptive. It may  not be exactly what you wanted or would've planned but can you talk to him about it? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)