Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do judges react?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I have a friend who's ex works under the table and refuses to pay child support, saying that he doesn't work. However, on social media, he posts pictures of all the money he is making (I know- really pathetic!) My question is- if she were to print these pictures out and bring them to court, would it help her case? Or no point?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sure it depends on the judge but from what I've seen of the two family court judges here, it wouldn't end well for him.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:35 AM
It could help her case depending on the judge. Has she filed contempt?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would imagine it would make a difference. For one, tax fraud is obviously against the law. Then the fact of child support, it would prove he does have income.
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely!  AND it might get him in trouble with government (all levels) for stiffing them on taxes.  Tax evasion is what always get people, even nasty mobsters, in the end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM
No. She hasn't even filed for child support because she brought it up one time and he told her that if she Did, he would just say that he doesn't work and she wouldn't get anything.

Quoting owl0210: It could help her case depending on the judge. Has she filed contempt?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, but she's an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. She hasn't even filed for child support because she brought it up one time and he told her that if she Did, he would just say that he doesn't work and she wouldn't get anything.

Quoting owl0210: It could help her case depending on the judge. Has she filed contempt?
redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM
Most likely the judge would care. Judges really don't like liars or deadbeats.

Your friend needs to advocate for her kids and fuck what the sperm donor wants or says.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM
I respect how you feel. But if he does work under the table and doesn't pay taxes, how could she prove that he does in fact have an income?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sorry, but she's an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. She hasn't even filed for child support because she brought it up one time and he told her that if she Did, he would just say that he doesn't work and she wouldn't get anything.

MSMOUSE0519
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM

The child support courts always check what he files for taxes. Plus she can print it off and show the judge. Piece of advice. Document, document, document!!!!!!

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
At bare minimum he will have to pay based off of minimum wage at 40 hours a week. So she should fill next matter what.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)