Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No we arent naming the baby Zachary anymore!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Up until last week we thought we were having a baby boy. Well our "son" came out and is a beautiful baby girl. It has been a little surprising and it has been a little bit of a pain. I took a lot of things back and replaced them with girl stuff. 

Well the problem comes in with my FIL. He has been working on a big surprise for us. Turns out it is a big woodworking piece that says Zachary. Well now the baby is clearly not going to be named Zachary. He says that Zachary can be a girl name and that is starting to be more of a trend

Well I still feel Zachary is a boy name and not even close to a girl name. We are naming her Aria (after DH's grandmother) 

Well FIL is angry. He says we just disrespected him and all his hard work. That if we were decent we would just keep her name to be Zachary. Uh sorry no. That just isnt how it works. Maybe if we had went for a more unisex name it wouldnt be an issue but Zachary is NOT unisex. I have never once met a girl name Zachary and I guarantee she would have a hard time with that name. 

DH told him that if we ever have a boy we would name him Zachary. We are planning on  having more kids so there is still a very good chance we will get a boy 

I am thankful that FIL made it and it is beautiful but not a good enough reason to name my daughter Zachary 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

He can still give it to her.  This will be a fun and funny story for her whole life, I bet she will love that piece he made despite the name on it.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:13 AM
I don't blame you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I worked with a Zach it can be a girls name.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM
FIL is a nut, lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM
If he's throwing that big of a tantrum, he wouldn't be seeing her until he matured and apologized for his poor behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM
Aria is a beautiful name.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM

FIL is fussing over nothing.

You did say that you aren't through having kids yet, and even if you were, what's his problem?

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:19 PM

I actually don't mind Zachary as a girl's name, but I see where you're coming from. I think you should still take it, because it will be a neat story to tell Aria when she gets older. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)