Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 - packages of white printing paper, why on earth would that be on school supply list for elementary school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witchyone529
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Because otherwise the teacher has to purchase it all on her own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, I saw that too, and I wouldn't be buying it. I also wouldn't be buying the tissues and Band-Aids. I think my tax payer dollars should at least be able to buy those items for the schools. There's no reason we should be providing this stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM
It's for the teachers to make copies. Schools can barely afford to pay teachers, much less spend money on copy papergirl tested and homework.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:11 PM
This. And last year my kid used computer paper as scrap paper for math or to draw on. Its cheap if you get it while its on sale.

Quoting witchyone529: Because otherwise the teacher has to purchase it all on her own.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:11 PM
It was never on a supply list, but in kindergarten my daughter made a lot of books using printer paper. Her teacher didn't like the way construction paper fit into the binding clips.

She also has computer class every year. So of course lots of printer paper used there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Schools won't. They don't have the money to do so.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, I saw that too, and I wouldn't be buying it. I also wouldn't be buying the tissues and Band-Aids. I think my tax payer dollars should at least be able to buy those items for the schools. There's no reason we should be providing this stuff.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Budget cuts mean that comes out of the teachers pocket otherwise. It adds up and gets insanely expensive on a very limited budget of an already underpaid teacher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
IDK. I wouldn't be buying it. The school should be providing that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Why don't you ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM
3 per student does seem like a lot but I can definitely understand why copy paper would be in the supply list.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)