Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry SM but I dont feel bad that they are garnishing his wages

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

My ex stopped paying child support. I took him to court for contempt again. Well they just started garnishing his wages. 

SM reached out to me to tell me that because I am doing that I am fucking them over. I guess they are taking about 50% of his paycheck now. There isnt enough money to pay all of their bills after that. They will get evicted if it keeps going this way

I honestly dont feel bad. He knows he is legally responsible for CS. He just got cocky and thought he didnt have to pay. The court is who made the decision to garnish his wages, it isnt like I could do that myself. 

I told her that I felt it was inappropriate for us to be talking about this. That if my ex wants to talk about it that is fine but there isnt anything I can do to change it not that I want to. 

She asked me how I could sleep at night knowing I was going to make her and her small children homeless. I said that her children were not my concern, only my own kids. 

I really wanted to tell her maybe she needed to work more than a few shifts at walmart each week or my ex should get a second job but it wasnt worth the drama that would come from her hearing the truth. He doesnt even see the kids. Child support is the only thing he does for them and the courts obviously take it seriously 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

sm was fine with ex not paying it which meant your kids were struggling..now that its her kids,now shes all concerned..maybe she shouldnt have reproduced with a deadbeat dad.in a few years,shell be the ex and the next sm will be saying this to her..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Exactly. She didnt care when me and the kids were struggling at all. I dont feel bad 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

sm was fine with ex not paying it which meant your kids were struggling..now that its her kids,now shes all concerned..maybe she shouldnt have reproduced with a deadbeat dad.in a few years,shell be the ex and the next sm will be saying this to her..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM
You both have bad taste in men.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:18 PM

When my ex and I got together he was amazing. Sometimes people really go downhill 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You both have bad taste in men.

WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Step mom can get a job.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM

JESUS CHRIST what IS it with all the child support posts?!?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM

Well this is a site filled with moms and since 50% of marriages end in divorce it makes sense that many of the mothers on here have to deal with CS. It really isnt all  that hard to understand 

Quoting sarahfire:

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM

It was more of a rhetorical question.........

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well this is a site filled with moms and since 50% of marriages end in divorce it makes sense that many of the mothers on here have to deal with CS. It really isnt all  that hard to understand 

Quoting sarahfire:

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:23 PM

And this is your problem how?

She should have thought about his finances when she got involved with a man who has children he is required to support. 

Why do they always seem so surprised and caught off guard? 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Stepmom can get a job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)