Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Anyone who knows about dogs *pics may be icky

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I apologize for crappy pic quality, she wouldn't hold still. But these are on my 12 year old husky. One is round, smooth, and black. On her head. The other is flesh colored and lumpy with a black spot in the center. On her hip. Do they look familiar to anyone? I googled and they could just be moles, but I'm worried about cancer because of her age.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Take her to a vet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM
That's a tick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM
It's not a tick. It's wider at the base. I've seen plenty of ticks.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's a tick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Vet trip time. Could be a mole, could be a benign tumor, could be cancerous, only one way to be sure.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Warts, moles etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM
I'm trying to assess if that's necessary. The vet is expensive. We will take her if need be, but neither spot seems to be bothering her at all.

Quoting Tinse:

Take her to a vet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM

my dad's dog had them. they are just the dog equivalent of liver spots. your vet might cut them off but they just left them on my dads dog.

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Moles? My dog has a lot of them.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I know that vets are expensive; we have pet birds and take them to exotic vets if and when it's necessary.

Hopefully, some of the other members are right and it's just a mole or age spot.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm trying to assess if that's necessary. The vet is expensive. We will take her if need be, but neither spot seems to be bothering her at all.
Quoting Tinse:

Take her to a vet.

Maime13
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM

You would only be paying an office visit fee to have them do a visual assessment. Any testing or surgery would be a decision you'd make once the options were outlined. 

Unless you plan to dig a hole in the backyard, it's probably just as expensive to cremate your dog. Not to be callous, but get it looked at.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm trying to assess if that's necessary. The vet is expensive. We will take her if need be, but neither spot seems to be bothering her at all.
Quoting Tinse:

Take her to a vet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)