Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM -vs- SM - do any of you actually get along?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM
  • 47 Replies
I am ALWAYS seeing posts on CM that always seem to be BM vs the SM and vice versa. Are there any BM/SM out there who actually get along?

I'm not a child of divorce (thank god) but my husband is and to this day, his mother tries to make his step-mom's life hell and my husband is 43!

On the other hand, my mother is a child of divorce and her BM & SM are best friends! And they've made it work for 50+ years!

I always thought it was supposed to be about the kids, but I wonder after reading some of the posts in here.
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom and stepmom have the typical hate each other and do crazy shit that you see on here.

my exh hasn't remarried yet, but he does have a wonder fiance.   We are not friends, but we are friendly, our kids love each other, and my girls are crazy about her. 

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:44 PM

I have no personal experience in this area, but I have a cousin and a niece who are both SMs and I watch them both co-parent with the BMs beautifully! My niece has children of her own as well as her step daughter and her and BM actually take all of the kids places together and do lots of stuff as a blended family. It is great to see. They truly realize how important it is for the kids to see them all get along! 

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:46 PM

BM has tried rather successfully to make my life hell since the moment I came into the picture six years ago (after being divorced from DH for eight years at that point), so it's safe to say we'll never be BFFs, lol.  

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM
My mom and SM don't even know each other. I doubt they've had more than a handful of conversations
In 36 years.
I don't know my kids SM and that's my preference

It doesn't hurt the kids, I don't say anything good or bad about their father and his wife
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Nope. Stepmom is too insecure.
Pink.Sunshine
People that copy everything I do f****g flatter me. Do you have a mind of your own? Lol
Yesterday at 8:05 AM
by Petty Princess on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM
SN is special needs
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Nope (I am the SM) but not for lack of trying on my part. She's just a crazy meth head at this point so I won't try any longer. I tried for YEARS.

Crafty_Girl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Thanks! I corrected it.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: SN is special needs
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Some can make it work some can't. My ex's wife the first time I met her went up to two of my friends ( my daughter's best friends parents) and said to them " don't know what Catherine has said about me but it is not true". I didn't have a problem with her until that moment. I also don't gossip or air my dirty laundry with just anybody (!which my ex knows) I certainly wasn't going to bring my daughter's best friends parents into that. So I don't communicate with her at all. And now she and my ex are incouraging my almost 15 year old daughter to call her Mom. And they both have been filling her head with so much crap that if I were to have to communicate with her it just would not go wel.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM
My ex's gf and I don't communicate at all. We like each other and I know her because she was my ex's "step" cousin. She was even at the birth of our dd. It's a weird situation. Lol

My Dh's ex...at times we have been super friendly and other times we have exchanged words. For the most part I let dh deal with her. It's easier and there is a lot less drama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)