Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our business is 5 years old and we haven't made any profit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
We make enough to provide for our family on a frugal budget and then any extra income we goes straight in to repairs, buying a new property, upkeep, linens, renovating, updating, etc.

It will probably be another 5 years before we start to really profit.

Ask me anything
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Why bother?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:09 PM

What type of business do you own?

We own our own business too.  We own a consulting firm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:09 PM
That's stupid. You are wasting time and money keeping a failed business but hey keep struggling idc. It's your life and your starving children
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:10 PM
It's our passion :) we restore abandoned or near abandoned farm/mountain houses that we rent out to vacationers. We love what we do

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why bother?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:11 PM
We rent out vacation houses/cabins.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

What type of business do you own?

We own our own business too.  We own a consulting firm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:11 PM
My children aren't starving, thanks!

Quoting Anonymous 4: That's stupid. You are wasting time and money keeping a failed business but hey keep struggling idc. It's your life and your starving children
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Yeh my hubby opened up a business with his friend.. hubby worked there for 7 years part time because both had s full time job as well. After about 5 years they started to break even.. but still not enough to have a noticible profit... hubby worked for 2 more years and just said he was tiered.

At least he was able to write off few thing. So for him it was not worth it. But I wish you lots of luck and soon to have a worthy profit!
jennelise83
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM
That sounds pretty normal. My dad was in business for 6 years before he saw actual profit, not just covering expenses. As long as you are happy and you are providing for your family, you do you mama! Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:21 PM
Thank you! We restore old houses and rent them out to vacationers so there are just so many expenses. First we have to invest in restoring the house then we have to provide continuous upkeep to keep up with the steady flow of guests coming in and out.

Quoting jennelise83: That sounds pretty normal. My dad was in business for 6 years before he saw actual profit, not just covering expenses. As long as you are happy and you are providing for your family, you do you mama! Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:21 PM
What kind of business?

Quoting Anonymous 5: Yeh my hubby opened up a business with his friend.. hubby worked there for 7 years part time because both had s full time job as well. After about 5 years they started to break even.. but still not enough to have a noticible profit... hubby worked for 2 more years and just said he was tiered.

At least he was able to write off few thing. So for him it was not worth it. But I wish you lots of luck and soon to have a worthy profit!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)