Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honestly, I'm relieved.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I'm divorced, and ds lives wth his dad. A mutual decision, not court ordered. Ds starts school this year and honestly I'm a little relieved he'll only be able to spend every other weekend with me. Don't get me wrong, I miss him like crazy. I think about him all the time. But I'm such a stressed out, depressed mess. My life is such a mess. I need to focus on me. Get a therapist, deal with my depression. I won't do that when he's here. My focus is always 100% on him. Maybe I can make things better now so i can see him more.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:18 PM
Kids are t easy especially if Mama is depressed. You can get through this!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:18 PM
I don't know how other moms do it. I tried just powering through. My body won't let me anymore.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM

Have you ever tried supplements for your depression?

luvmy002girls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:21 PM
It's positive that you are able to know these things already, so many woman allow the guilt to take the lead and having a guilt ridden, depressed, stressed mamma is no good! I hope you find a wonderful therapist and get to feeling better soon. Good luck mamma!
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:23 PM
This. There will be bashers in here that will rip you apart for this, but ignore them. You are doing the right thing to be the best mom you can.

Quoting luvmy002girls: It's positive that you are able to know these things already, so many woman allow the guilt to take the lead and having a guilt ridden, depressed, stressed mamma is no good! I hope you find a wonderful therapist and get to feeling better soon. Good luck mamma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM
No. I'm taking some supplements to address things that are stressing me though. Just a multivitamin and biotin for my hair. My doctor has me on prescription meds for depression and anxiety. They seem to be working, but they're new so we'll see.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM
I'm looking forward to school for the same reason. Ds' dad isn't involved so he's with me all the time. My only break is either his school or my school (about two hours a week during the summer). It's been a very stressful, very depressing, long summer.

I'll be sad when school is back in session but I cannot wait to focus on me again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:26 PM
Honestly, they couldn't tear me down any worse than i do to myself. But I'm trying to change my attitude about that.

Quoting jkleinman: This. There will be bashers in here that will rip you apart for this, but ignore them. You are doing the right thing to be the best mom you can.

Quoting luvmy002girls: It's positive that you are able to know these things already, so many woman allow the guilt to take the lead and having a guilt ridden, depressed, stressed mamma is no good! I hope you find a wonderful therapist and get to feeling better soon. Good luck mamma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Eye roll one day he'll realize you are a failure and hopefully by that time he would want nothing to do with his " mother" please for the love of everything become sterile
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM

I strongly suggest that you add a zinc supplement.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. I'm taking some supplements to address things that are stressing me though. Just a multivitamin and biotin for my hair. My doctor has me on prescription meds for depression and anxiety. They seem to be working, but they're new so we'll see.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)