Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pet owners/Cat owners!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

We just got a kitten and she just now turned 12 weeks so i gave her 1st worm treatment and a flea bath last night. she has a Vet visit on the 23rd to get her up to date on her shots and see if she is healthy enough to get fixed. when we go to Walmart today i am getting that flea stuff you put on the cats necks once a month.

but the issues is we have fleas in the house... what can we use that is safe for the cat and my kids? my kids are 7yrs,4yrs,2yrs and 4 months old. we were looking at the flea foggers but we have no where we can take the cat while we fog the house and i dont want to pay for a kennel just for a few hours

I have already washed all the bedding that she lays on and vacuumed the house and clean it from top to bottom but its not working what can i do to get rid of them once and for all..

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmy002girls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM
They have a natural spray at Wal-Mart. Can't think of the name, but you can spray the pet and the furniture. Just wash your hands lol. It's ina. White/cream can or bottle with green writing. I didn't think it would work but had dead fleas on my hands after rubbing it into my dog. Good luck fleas are evil!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Can you fog it but keep the cat in your car? Do like a mini family road trip or something?
Element5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Vacuum 2 times a day.. washe cats betting often.
Best for fleas is getting the stuff from a vet to put on a kitten. Not over the counter.

From I recall it's a 90 day cycle. But at least if those at home jump off a kitten jump back in it and bite will get a dosage of medication to kill them.

The pic is of what our vet uses.. we are in Fl so front line and stuff like that doesn't work here. In fact I was told by the vet that flea/tick companies test the product here in Fl.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Get some flea collars and put them in the vacuum bag and vacuum the carpets and furniture.  Do this daily.  Get some insect growth inhibitor, Martins IG is good.  You may have to order it online.  It comes concentrated and you dilute it according to directions and spray the carpets and furniture.  Keep everyone off the furniture and carpet until it dries.  The growth inhibitor will stop the life cycle and prevent the larva from turning into adults who bite and breed.  You'll have to repeat the spraying according to the label.  It will work, but it will take time.  Because it won't kill the adults already biting.  Frequent vacuuming will help this though.

If you want a safe non-poison method of killing fleas, Orange oil is a safe insecticide.  You can buy it online here as a concentrate, dilute according to package instructions and I stress the need to dilute because orange oil is strong enough to take paint off furniture undiluted.  Lightly mist the carpet and furniture if necessary after testing a small hidden area for color fastness.  The orange oil will kill the fleas.  I use orange oil in shampoo as a natural flea bath for my pets.  It's safe for kittens.  But so is dawn dish detergent.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM
We had an outbreak of fleas last year. We ended up having to fog the house. We put the cats in a carrier, and left the house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM

We haven't had that problem yet so I would suggest you call your vet.

Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:36 PM
DE may work. Its safe. Put it everywhere and have it sit for a bit. There is also a tablet you can ficlve your cat once a day. Expensive but worth it. Inside and outside your house. Window sills and door ways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM
When my fil has fleas i began putting the once a month flea medicine on the dog he had's neck and after a couple months the flea's were gone from the entire house. I think they died because they no longer had a host to live on.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:45 PM
Go buy a flea collar at the store and cut it up into your vacuum. Then vacuum the shit out of everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:47 PM

will that work even i have bagless one?

Quoting AliKatAK47: Go buy a flea collar at the store and cut it up into your vacuum. Then vacuum the shit out of everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)