• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have bleeding during pregnancy?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:31 PM
  • 85 Replies
How common is it??

I'm only 5 wks 2 days but just started bleeding (it is bright/dark red but not heavy enough yet to 'soak a pad in an hour' which is what my ob told me to look out for. I never had any bleeding or spotting before with my two other children :( I have been under a ton of stress lately though and have been really worried about this happening :( This morning I was fairly active cleaning around the house and last night my husband and I did have sex. I have never had loss before so I don't know what to do or expect. My ob said I could come in if it would make me feel better but at this point they wouldn't really be able to see anything anyway. I know I'm only like a week late but I am/was due on my birthday:(

Update - It is heavier now this morning with little clots so now I really don't know :(

Second update - still bleeding bright red but not super heavy and seems to lessen after ive laid down for awhile

Another update - bleeding still seems to be tapering off. Not sure what to think. Went several hours with only a drop or two. I hope everything is ok. Maybe it's because it's my 3rd pregnancy/child? Idk. I am only 5wk 5d today so I don't want to go in and not be able to see anything since I'm still so early
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM

Apparently, it's pretty common. I'm almost 9 weeks, and I've been bleeding for a few weeks now. I had my first appointment/ultrasound on Tuesday, and everything looks totally normal, baby appears healthy and had a good heartbeat, and they found no explanation for the bleeding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Are you 5 weeks even? If you're 5 and a couple days they can probably see a heart flicker and if not they'll at least be able to see a sac. I had a sch that scared the crap out of me. They said I'd bleed but I didn't. It could just be that. It usually is a result of implantation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Pretty common. I bled with some and not others. I have 4 live children. I didnt bleed with my miscarriage.
Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:36 PM
I had bleeding with Raymond and my 4th son. So, 2 of 6.
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM
I heard it's common but I've never experienced it however I've had dark brown spotting a few weeks ago.
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:41 PM
I had some bleeding with my last 3 pregnancies (the 3 after the miscarriage). Freaked me out every time but after a week or two it went away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:43 PM
It can be normal. Do what your OB said.
April620
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Approximately 20% of women experience bleeding in the first trimester. Half of them deliver healthy babies and half have miscarriages.

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM
I bled for a day with this one. 12 weeks and just fine now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)