Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so hard?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Every year people complain about having to buy school supplies that will be shared. Why is sharing so hard? Why do people hate others so much?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatDancerGirl
by ResidentTrollđź’† on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
People are selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM
Something else the ignorant have to complain about. Not realizing it's the same thing over and over.
Oh I can't wait to see the " we can't afford it" excuse lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's the fact that they ask for so much crap and are so picky about it combined with the fact that you know you're buying more to make up for those who buy none. Everyone should pay for their own kids' supplies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Im with you.
I could careless. I buy whats on the list, plus give extra. Im a caring part of the community.
jbirdsladie15
by -672- on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: People are selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM
So children whose parents cannot afford supplies should suffer because those who can afford it don't want to help out another person? That is so selfish. I hate how so many think they are not responsible for helping out others.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think it's the fact that they ask for so much crap and are so picky about it combined with the fact that you know you're buying more to make up for those who buy none. Everyone should pay for their own kids' supplies.
SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM

I don't get that either. I have no children in school, and we donate school supplies every year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM

I don't get it either.  If my kid wants something special I will buy the backpack and lunch box he wants.  I'm not going to freak out over a damn folder like some of the women here.  I don't care if my kid has to use Rose Art crowns because a low income parent couldn't afford Crayola. It's not the end of the world.  He has Crayola crayons at home.

First world problems really.  Every year there are long threads about school supplies.  Some of the women on here flip out over the most mundane bullshit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids go to cyber school and we donate supplies to friends and family who need it.

Quoting SavySnap91:

I don't get that either. I have no children in school, and we donate school supplies every year.

SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Mine will eventually go to school, they're just too young right now (they'll be 4 in December). I've donated school supplies since I started working. I just don't think that should be something kids have to deal with, not  having the supplies they need. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My kids go to cyber school and we donate supplies to friends and family who need it.
Quoting SavySnap91:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)