Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wont quit crying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 186 Replies
Because no won't give him More food. I dont have anything right now. I use left overs for next days lunch.
I run an in home day care.
This little boys parents don't feed him before they drop him off at 9 30. I serve breakfast at 8 am. The parents know this and yet they don't dlfeed him before drop off. Its so frusterating because he starts crying for me to feed him. I can't. Then I'd be feeding 10 other children every hour then. I don't understand why they can't feed him before drop off.
How would you word it to parents? It's a constant battle. I have it in my contract and also send notes home about feeding schedule. If they drop off after the child needs to be fed before drop off.

I use to feed him when he was dropped off away from other children but then he started telling the other children I gave him food and then the othersbstarted to get crazy on me. I sent multiple notes home and told them verbally as well. They have told me they don't feed him because he eats too slow and they have to get going. Still the problem seems to lie on them. It was getting too demanding and different schedules in day care it was stressing me out. I feed him a snack and lunch.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM
12 moms liked this

He is fucking hungry thats why he is crying. How can you NOT feed a hungry child because his shitty parents don't care enough to feed him before dropping him off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Contract or not I couldn't let him be hungry because his parents are dopes
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM
5 moms liked this

How can you not feed that poor child?  I would never allow a child to go hungry at my home.  You know he is coming late, you know his parents don't feed him, so save him some breakfast and let him eat when he gets there, its not a huge deal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM
7 moms liked this

If you are a mandated reporter, and you are, you should be filing on neglect. This seems pretty clear cut to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM
13 moms liked this
Um, both you and the parents need to be reported. I am a licensed daycare provider and I would NEVER let a child go hungry. You are just as shitty as his worthless parents.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't understand why you can't give the child a snack away from the other children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this
I have to agree with this.

If the other kids ate breakfast they should be fine, just give him a small snack.

BUT I would tell the parents you will terminate their contract if they don't either a) feed him before drop off, or b) send a snack

Quoting Sassy762:

He is fucking hungry thats why he is crying. How can you NOT feed a hungry child because his shitty parents don't care enough to feed him before dropping him off

Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

I know you have rules, op, but there is no way I could let a kid go hungry because he has shitty parents. My kids are almost 19, 18, and just made 15 and I am constantly making sure they are eating.

Quoting Sassy762:

SciFiMama91
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM
I would feed the kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:57 PM
I've had mornings where I didn't have anything or was running WAY late and no time to feed my ds. If I found out he was DENIED food while CRYING from hunger, I'd do whatever I had to, to have your licensing revoked. That's abusive and neglectful on YOUR part there too honey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)