Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Been A Busy Summer!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:04 PM
  • 2 Replies

So, I am at home. It feels like the first time I've relaxed all summer!

First, we went to the next state or the fourth. Left DSD there with my SM for ten days.

Then it was time for the girls' birthday party. Before the party, I found out my XH's grandmother had passed.

So, two days after the party, DSD, DS, DD and I drove 14 hours one way to attend a funeral (DSD's mom lives in that state, so I took her to see her mom). We were in that state for a week.

While in that state, I take my two bio kids to see their dad's mom (it was his paternal grandma who passed) and she was so rude about my son.

Then his paternal aunt hit DD for no reason (according to all three kids, DS, DD and their half brother from XH).

XH really had no interest in spending any time with the kids, even though he hasn't seen them for 1.5 years. Pissed me off.

Got back the 25 of July. Attended a birthday party for niece and nephew on Friday. Left Sunday for a wedding in the state we went to for the fourth.

Got home last night.

On Monday, the day of the wedding, everyone is kicking butt (including me) to get SM's house (it was a backyard wedding) ready for the wedding and reception.

I walk in the house and there is my brother, the groom, sitting on his butt, telling everyone what to do.

I went off on him. Told him to get off his ass and help out with his own wedding instead of expecting everyone else to do it. That DH and I did everything for our wedding and didn't ask a single person to help out. SM, Step-sister and brother, of course, did not like that. SIL (other brother's wife) loved it. She agreed with me completely.

Then, after the wedding, new SIL (the bride) is sitting down for a minute and I'm walking the yard, watching all the kids and she flags me over to her. She grabs my shirt and wipes her face with it! I tell her, "Really? You couldn't ask me to get you a napkin? You had to use my shirt? That's so disrespectful!" And I walked off.

We're going back to that state for the eclipse.

I swear, this is the summer that won't end!

I am exhausted!

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM

BUMP!

EnlightenedMa
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)