Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perfect prospective parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm giving up my baby for adoption. Today I met the perfect parents for her. This is actually the second time we met. This time I decided I like them a lot.

They live in a cute little house, the exact same i picture my baby girl growing up in. They have a golden retriever and they go to church. She is a music teacher and he is a doctor. They really want a baby.

I started crying today while we were meeting. Everything seemed right and I got emotional. My parents are no longer speaking to me so I kind of was thinking what it would be like if this couple were my parents.

I am both really happy and sad I finally chose the parents for the baby. Happy because they seem perfect. Sad because it makes everything more final.

I don't know what I'll do after I have the baby. I need some advice on things I can focus on after the adoption. I think I need some goals because I'm having trouble thinking of my future beyond this point.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:17 PM

'seeming' perfect is not perfect.sometimes 'perfect' is too good to be true..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:17 PM
I don't mean actually perfect. They just were what I had in mind.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

'seeming' perfect is not perfect.sometimes 'perfect' is too good to be true..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Bump
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM
I hope you are certain of your decision and please keep in mind that open adoption is not legally enforceable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM
I know. I'm certain. I can't take good care of a baby. She'd habe a crappy life with me. I'm thinking of doing closed anyway.

Quoting Canadiana: I hope you are certain of your decision and please keep in mind that open adoption is not legally enforceable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM
Do you have a job, education, financial stability? Start working towards what you want for your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Do you work or are you in school, those are two things that may be helpful to focus on. I also would encourage you to think about getting some short term therapy to get additional support during this very important time in your life and with such a monumental decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:28 PM
What agency are you going through? I gave my first baby up at 16.
Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM

I can't imagine what you are going through.  Sorry your parents are not speaking to you that has to be hard especially when you are going through an emotional time in your life.  Do you have any support from anyone? Hopefully the bond you have with this couple will continue on if that is something you want.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM
Yes I have a job. I finished high school. I was thinking of going to beauty school if that doesn't sound dumb.

Someday I'd like my parents to talk to me again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you have a job, education, financial stability? Start working towards what you want for your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)