Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exhausted all of the time and I'm sick of it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I am so sick of being exhausted all of the time. I have four kids. My day starts at about 6 a.m. I get my oldest two off to school and come home and run around like crazy doing things around the house, running errands etc. My two youngest are here with me all day. They are 1 and 2. Between doing all of the housework,paying bills,running errands and taking care of them all day I'm exhausted by the end of the day. I have no energy for anything else by 9 p.m. 9 times out of 10 I fall asleep on the couch. I get about 5-7 hours of sleep at night so I have no idea why it is so hard for me to get moving and do anything extra. When we finally get to bed between 1 and 2 I'm done. My dh is a night owl so he likes to stay up late yet wonders why I'm so tired when we go to bed. It's frustrating. Mornings are like torture for me but I have to force myself. I feel bad that I have no energy for my dh. We rarely have sex anymore because I'm just too tired. Anyone else feel like this? How do I keep myself awake at night to spend some time with my dh? I feel like I'm 80 years old old yet I'm only 30. I should have way more energy than this.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM
Why the bloody hell do you stay up so late?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Because my dh won't go to bed earlier. He gets irritated at me if I try to go to bed earlier because he insists on going to bed at the same time. It's very frustrating to me.

Quoting mama_danetta: Why the bloody hell do you stay up so late?
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Screw that noise. Go to bed. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because my dh won't go to bed earlier. He gets irritated at me if I try to go to bed earlier because he insists on going to bed at the same time. It's very frustrating to me.

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to get the fuck over it. You are a grown woman, and you can go to bed any time you please.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because my dh won't go to bed earlier. He gets irritated at me if I try to go to bed earlier because he insists on going to bed at the same time. It's very frustrating to me.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Go to bed at 10, if dh wants to stay up, fine. He can go to bed whenever, he's an adult.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM

What time does he get up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Same time as me sometimes a bit later. He doesn't seem to mind it and functions just fine. I don't. I need my sleep.

Quoting krisnkids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Ask dh to go to bed at the same time as you and then in the morning you both can spend time together before the kids wake up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM
One go to bed when you need to. Also get your B12 checked that can cause low energy.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:49 PM

He's just going to have to get over it then. Let him know that with school starting, starting next week, starting on the 15th, whatever, your new schedule is xxx to get up and xxx to go to bed. You are an adult, you choose what time to get up and when to go to bed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Same time as me sometimes a bit later. He doesn't seem to mind it and functions just fine. I don't. I need my sleep.
Quoting krisnkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)