Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my nose needs repaired! Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
This is a serious question. Has anyone smelled something no one else smells. Like last night I smelled the smell of throw up for five minutes. I even went as far as to ask my dh and Dr if they got sick. They didn't and no one else could smell it. I smell a dead mouse yesterday on the porch but no one else could.
This morning I smell a dirty diaper but my kids have bee out of diapers for a year.
I just seem to smell things no one else does.

Is it possible the scents I smell is coming from the neighbors house since it has been windy the last couple of days? The get drunk often so they could of thrown up and they have their relatives over often that have babies. That is all I can think of.
Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM
I smell things that are not there pretty often. I suspect it is due to an underlying neurological issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Generally, smelling things that no ome else can means an issue in the brain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM
Get a neurological check up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:50 PM

It could be that you just have an awesome sense of smell, it could be something neurological. I can smell when women are on their period and it's never a good aroma. It's the world's shittiest super power lol!!

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:53 PM
You might want to get checked out. I knew a woman who would smell bananas that weren't there before having a seizure.
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:56 PM
It could just be that your sense of smell is really strong, it could be something else. Is it always bad smells? It could be an infection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM

It could be related to an underlying medical issue.  For awhile I was smelling odd odors and turned out that it was a rare symptom of thyroid problems. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)