• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing! I guess it's a hard concept.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
5 moms liked this

Your prince or princess might have to share their elmer's glue with someone, Perhaps your child is prone to the pink crayon, and guess what if they share there will be one for him/her to use.  I hope you all realize that shared school supplies isn't in most cases providing for the kids who can't afford, it's just much easier and economical to get out 4 bottles of glue for the class then 24, and not have to worry about them drying up, or you having to go buy replacements in a hot second.

Every year the same posts come up,,,, and we wonder why our kids our brats if even their parents can't grasp the comments of sharing.

Rant over LOL!

#schoolandchirstmasbothcomeeveryyear! #makeaplan

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM
I think it truly depends on the school
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't mind Community supplies. I just think it's crappy when the list specifies a good brand, and some parents by the super cheap crap. If it says Elmer's glue sticks, don't buy the cheap Dollar Store ones. There is something to be said for quality and durability.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Lol. Extremely well put. I think it's a disgrace that teachers not only have to teach academically, but socially as well.

MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM
I don't mind community supplies at all. It makes more sense. I am also not opposed to my kid using off brand products. What difference does it make?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM
This post has been done today, so why don't you go SHARE it with that lady
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this

1. I don't think kids are brats. 2. I think sharing is something many kids have to learn over time, it is a process. 3.I think that I may throw myself out a window if I see one more school list on here. 4. If you have a family of five and each one comes home with this list, is that really affordable for the average family. You oculd spend upwards of 500.00 !! 5. I am just throwing this last one in here for fun, how did I get through seven years of elementary school ( circa 1966-1973) with just a few pencils, a ruler and an eraser and maybe a notebook at the start of every school year??  Total cost- less than a dollar!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Theres nothing wrong with communal supplies but if i also buy stuff that is meant specifically for my daughter, then its hers and hers alone.

The posts about school supplies aren't against sharing. Its the fact that they ask for more shit every year and even try to take kids personal stuff. And i dont give a shit if they specify elmers or 5-star, they're getting 20 sticks of off brand and cheap binders
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My kid goes to private school, after forking over 25k for tuition spending 50 or 100 dollars on school supplies is nothing. I also don't care if the supplies are shared. I am friends with the parents in my daughters class if the children need anything we get it willingly. If my child needed anything 15 parents would step up and provide without question.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Sharing is WAY different from community supplies.  I send my kid to school with Crayola crayons and other parents may send crappy generic crayons and crappy generic glue sticks that dry out faster.  Community supplies mean that she may end up getting stuck with the crappy generic crayons and the crappy generic glue stick.  And someone else may end up with the cute sparkly folder with kittens on it and she may end up with a plain yellow one.  See the difference?

Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I suggest to those parents that they are free to purchase their extra special folders and crayons only they can use. They just leave them at home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)