Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We agreed to an open adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
Then closed it soon after the adoption was finalized

That's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM

dont blame you,especially if a birth parent like tyler from teen mom was involved..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
That's sad, for the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:07 PM
6 moms liked this
And people like you do not deserve to adopt. You lied to that childs mother in order to get her to relinquish to you, knowing you had no intention of following through on the empty promises made. Shame on you. In a perfect world, that baby would be given back to its mom and you would be doing community service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
And that is your right as the child's parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM
You think in a perfect world, a child goes to parents who did not want her?

Quoting Anonymous 3: And people like you do not deserve to adopt. You lied to that childs mother in order to get her to relinquish to you, knowing you had no intention of following through on the empty promises made. Shame on you. In a perfect world, that baby would be given back to its mom and you would be doing community service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm giving up my baby for adoption and am thinking I'd like pictures once in a while. So you wouldn't even do that? That's kind of cold. Especially when it's really hard to give your baby up in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM
Was there a reason?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Open adoptions are very frequently closed very soon after the adoption is finalized. It's an empty promise used as a coercion tactic on vulnerable mothers. I hope you understand that it will likely happen to you, and be prepared for it.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I'm giving up my baby for adoption and am thinking I'd like pictures once in a while. So you wouldn't even do that? That's kind of cold. Especially when it's really hard to give your baby up in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:13 PM

thats life.its cold but its true.if you choose adoption,you arent the parent.the parent can decide if you get visits,pictures,etc just like any other parent.the child can look for you after becoming an adult.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I'm giving up my baby for adoption and am thinking I'd like pictures once in a while. So you wouldn't even do that? That's kind of cold. Especially when it's really hard to give your baby up in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM
I would never do an open adoption. I'm not sharing my baby with the birth parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)