• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought about running away or

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Dying.

I can go and have a break all i want, it won't change anything.

My oldest will NOT listen to me NO MATTER WHAT I DO. HOW LONG I TRIED X Y AND Z. NOTHING WILL/DOES WORK.

She has a routine, rules etc. Plently of attention, plently of outside time.

All day everyday EVERYTHING is a huge hassle, i repeat myself ALL DAY LONG AT LEAST 7 TIMES IN A ROW just for her to do something.

She behaves outside the home, behaves at school, behaves well for everyone else BUT me. I do not understand it. I do NOT hit her. Rarely do i even yell/ raise my voice.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM

You tell her once, she does it or there is a consequence. There is no reason to repeat yourself.

I have 4 kids, my sister has 3, all around the same ages. They were all outside playing on the trampoline one day and my oldest was hanging off the pole that was the supporter. I told him get off or you are done. He got off immediately. My sister looked at me and asked, How did you get him to listen the first time? I simply told her, there is no second time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Yup tried that.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You tell her once, she does it or there is a consequence. There is no reason to repeat yourself.

I have 4 kids, my sister has 3, all around the same ages. They were all outside playing on the trampoline one day and my oldest was hanging off the pole that was the supporter. I told him get off or you are done. He got off immediately. My sister looked at me and asked, How did you get him to listen the first time? I simply told her, there is no second time.

illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM

What are the consequences for repeating yourself and how old is she?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yup tried that.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Time out was the most affective. It doesnt phase her now. She is almost 5

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM
I can comment but I'm not joined yet is this a glitch I can't post anything?
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:05 PM

When I have to give my 7yo instructions, I talk right to her face or she will move onto something else. Eye to eye, 6 inches from her face. If the task isn't done, I add a chore like clean all the toilets or sinks. If she has an attitude and isn't doing what she's told, I add another chore and this time it's much harder like sweeping the screen room.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Time out was the most affective. It doesnt phase her now. She is almost 5
Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Hm maybe i can add extra chores.

Quoting illneverbeold:

When I have to give my 7yo instructions, I talk right to her face or she will move onto something else. Eye to eye, 6 inches from her face. If the task isn't done, I add a chore like clean all the toilets or sinks. If she has an attitude and isn't doing what she's told, I add another chore and this time it's much harder like sweeping the screen room.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Time out was the most affective. It doesnt phase her now. She is almost 5

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She's FOUR.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hm maybe i can add extra chores.
Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM
I can comment but I'm not joined to mom confessions is this a glitch I can't post threads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:10 PM
And? I think adding for her to make her bed or wiping the table will be good.

Quoting corticosteroid:

She's FOUR.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hm maybe i can add extra chores.

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)