Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Devestating Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My husband is a vet with mental illness steaming from his military service. He has been faithful with his meds and therapy and such a wonderful man. He has faced a lot of loss over the summer. Several deaths and everything else. I noticed he was spiralling and his meds stopped working. I begged and pleaded with him to call his doctor and get his meds checked but there was always an excuse. Today he lost it and beat me. I have many injuries. A black eye and swollen face, broken jaw and teeth and stitches in my arm.
My body hurts but much less than my heart. I miss my husband desperately
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM

I am so so sorry.    Where is your DH now?  Does he understand what he has done and that he must get help, even long term help?

Hope your heart and body heal quickly.  

Darlingone12
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Where did the other replies go?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM
I understand how you feel.

My husband lost his brother yesterday. He's deployed and will be home in a few days. He is very careful to make sure he is taking care of himself because I made it clear we won't stay if he spirals out of control, but there are times he is super paranoid and angry, and thats not who he is at all. I am worried about how his brothers death will affect him.
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:06 PM

How heartbreaking for you both.  I am so very sorry for you and him.  Sometimes it is hard for us to understand when our meds are not working. We just don't see it.  Unfortunately your husband has crossed the line.  It is time for you or him to find a new place to live.  Maybe that will shock him enough to check into the VA for a re evaluation of his medication and more therapy and coping skills. Hugs Hon.  Praying for you both!

hugspraying

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM

So, is he in jail now or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM
He's not coming back

Quoting Glitch202:

How heartbreaking for you both.  I am so very sorry for you and him.  Sometimes it is hard for us to understand when our meds are not working. We just don't see it.  Unfortunately your husband has crossed the line.  It is time for you or him to find a new place to live.  Maybe that will shock him enough to check into the VA for a re evaluation of his medication and more therapy and coping skills. Hugs Hon.  Praying for you both!

hugspraying

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM

im sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Yes he is. I still have the right to mourn the loss of a good,good husband and father

Quoting corticosteroid:

So, is he in jail now or something?

Glitch202
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:11 PM

I can understand that too.  I am so very sorry.  It still breaks your heart. You can't just stop loving someone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's not coming back
Quoting Glitch202:

hugspraying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:12 PM
I am sorry. :-(

My oldest son has PTSD but won't medicate himself, I worry about him often because when he spirals downhill I fear that he'll take his own life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)