Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any musical talent?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:01 PM
  • 50 Replies

Can you sing, dance or play a musical instrument?

I played the violin, the cello and the bass in school. Also taught myself to play the piano. I always wanted to learn the guitar when I was younger. Now I regret it since I am too busy to learn it.

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccercrazymom1
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Nope, I sing but I suck at it.
sweetpeasgirl12
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM
I used to play the Bass and cello.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM
I can sing.
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM

I used to be able to play the clarinet and the piano. It has been over 15 years since I have even touched either and doubt I could play at this point. I wasn't very good back then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM
I don't but my kids do especially ds. His violin teacher can't get over how he can be totally unfocused and off in his own world but instantly master things most of his students struggle for months to learn. He also started learning guitar, electric guitar, and drums but then that teacher quit doing lessons.
Dd is a competitive dancer and also plays violin. She doesn't have the natural ability ds has but her teacher is amazed at her focus at her young age.
MsJollyGiant
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Did you enjoy playing them? I loved the cello but I was pretty mixed the bass.

Quoting sweetpeasgirl12: I used to play the Bass and cello.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM

I have no talent

MsJollyGiant
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:07 PM

Interesting. Are you jealous of your kids abilities to naturally pick up things?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't but my kids do especially ds. His violin teacher can't get over how he can be totally unfocused and off in his own world but instantly master things most of his students struggle for months to learn. He also started learning guitar, electric guitar, and drums but then that teacher quit doing lessons. Dd is a competitive dancer and also plays violin. She doesn't have the natural ability ds has but her teacher is amazed at her focus at her young age.

purplepiemom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:07 PM

I'm not, but 3 of my kids were in the school band. 1 played the trombone, 1 played the clarinet and also taught herself how to play the piano, and the other played the drums. My youngest is doing band this year, and she will also play the drums. My oldest took guitar as an elective in school and continues teach herself. 

teal ribbon

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM
I've never tried anything beyond the recorder in 3rd grade.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)