Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Facebook drama over Walmart

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
So my aunt we will call her K was on Facebook today and posted about a good deal that she got on eggs. I mentioned that I also got a good deal at Walmart. My local Walmart has dropped their price and eggs to $0.84 for an 18-count package. Then another aunt, we will call her aunt m, chimed in that it's so horrible that I shop at Walmart and how they treat their employees unfairly and that I should think about how I am contributing to this horrible company and if I'm okay with that then I'm a horrible person. This pissed me off because this Aunt raised five children on welfare. We are talking never had a job had Section 8 so much food stamps that they ate better than most people I knew and of course was always on Medicaid. Now she is raising three grandchildren because one of her children is in prison on drug-related charges. So now she's getting food stamps with Medicaid and Section 8 because she has her grandchildren she also has another one of her daughters living with her along with her two kids and her sixteen-year-old daughter is 5 months pregnant. It really pissed me off how she personally attacked my choice and where I shop for my family's food in a public forum. Especially because the post had nothing to do with her. So I got I replied "well unfortunately my family and I have to live on a budget because the government doesn't buy our food". She replied that I'm just cold hearted Republican and I would rather see her family starve than have my tax dollars go towards feeding them. I said that's not true at all in fact I'm very glad that we have the food stamps and other welfare programs as safety nets. I don't necessarily think that they should be something that people live on their entire lives and raise their children to be on them as well but altogether I am glad that we have those programs. But because I am not on those programs my family and I have to budget and yeah that means going to the place that has the eggs and milk the cheapest. And yes that's Walmart. Then she went off on some long tangent that basically just repeated what she had said before so I just ignored her.

And this is not to bash anyone. If you are on food stamps I don't care. But if you are on food stamps and you can afford to not have to Budget Shop and you can afford to go to a more expensive store to buy your eggs maybe don't look down on people who are literally paying the taxes to provide you with those food stamps for having to go to places that are cheaper
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know anyone on food stamps who doesn't budget shop. I do. I have to.
ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM

We make six figures, and I just got done writing my grocery list out based on savings/budgeting for my trip to Safeway. I even shop at Walmart once in awhile (mostly Target though) and worked at Walmart (in the Deli) before. Yes, they suck as far as treating their employees well (reason why I quit). Doesn't make every store bad.

A lot of management don't treat their employees well at any given store. By her logic, she wouldn't shop at any store based on treatment. Since she does, it makes her a hypocrite.

GhostWriter85
by Exotic Butters on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM
I work at Walmart and I am very happy working there. I am a cashier and I love my job.
There may be stores that treat thier employees crappy but my store is great at how they treat us. Not very organized though. I wish they would not hire so many kids who don't care about their job.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
How do you ladies on this site have such trashy family?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:18 PM
I'm on FS. You know how long it's been since I've had a fucking steak?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I never get into drama on Facebook. If it starts I delete the whole post and let it go. Life is not worth that junk.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM

just delete the asshole comments and move on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:21 PM
What she said doesn't take the fact away that she is right. It is better to try and shop where their employees are treated well. Her lifestyle choices doesn't negate how Wal-Mart treats people.
Moon.Maiden
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Wow. All this over a carton of eggs? Where do people find the time for such pettiness?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM

I do to, my Food stamps only go so far and so am always looking for the best deals I can find. Are there there things I would like to buy? Sure but can't afford to. I know some people in our area that abuse them really, instead of buying stuff that can feed them for a couple days they spend 30-40 bucks a night on steaks (just 1 meal a day). Its stupid as heck. And they wonder why they run out of them so fast and then have to bug people for money for food.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't know anyone on food stamps who doesn't budget shop. I do. I have to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)