• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for warning me the movie will suck

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM
  • 27 Replies
I'm getting ready to watch the Dark Tower. I'm a huge fan of the series. I've already been able to tell that the movie is going to be a disappointment, but I wanted to give it a chance.

The guy taking tickets goes, "Have any of you read the books?" I said that I have. He goes, "Well, pretend he's past all of what was in the series and now this is his chance to go back and correct it or you aren't going to like it."

Thanks movie theater employee for preparing me for the fact that the movie sucks...lol.
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:05 PM
I'm gonna go see it tonight I think. I've been expecting it to be completely different, because it's one movie to 7 books.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Everyone I know who read the series, loved the books until the very end. And then they all bitched about it. 

And oodly, my friends all bitched to me about it, which is ridiculous since it's a well-known fact among my friends that I do not read Stephen King. I guess they just forgot that part and decided that since I read every other kind of fantasy & horror, I must be interested. 

At any rate, knowing how the series ended I sure didn't feel compelled to start it. For that reason, I might actually see the movie. 

Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:13 PM
It really would take a series to do the books justice.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I'm gonna go see it tonight I think. I've been expecting it to be completely different, because it's one movie to 7 books.
ShesSoUnusual
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so on the fence about seeing it. 

Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:15 PM
These books are unlike any of his other books. I didn't mind the ending personally. It made sense to me which is why I was still hopeful that it would give the move some creative wiggle room, but I've heard nothing good about it from the pre-screenings. :(

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Everyone I know who read the series, loved the books until the very end. And then they all bitched about it. 

And oodly, my friends all bitched to me about it, which is ridiculous since it's a well-known fact among my friends that I do not read Stephen King. I guess they just forgot that part and decided that since I read every other kind of fantasy & horror, I must be interested. 

At any rate, knowing how the series ended I sure didn't feel compelled to start it. For that reason, I might actually see the movie. 

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I agree. I think that I'll still like it.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: It really would take a series to do the books justice.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I'm gonna go see it tonight I think. I've been expecting it to be completely different, because it's one movie to 7 books.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm waiting to see It.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM
Ugh. I am so upset to see this. My husband and I (from Bangor,ME, no less 😉 and HUGE Stephen King fans) were really looking forward to this movie
Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:19 PM
Well, there's a new Flatliners coming out. That sounds fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My problem with Stephen King isn't his subject matter, it's that he takes four pages to say what he could say in a paragraph. 

I do think it's interesting that this book series gets only a movie, yet Neil Gaiman's American Gods is expected to span five seasons as a tv series. 

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: These books are unlike any of his other books. I didn't mind the ending personally. It made sense to me which is why I was still hopeful that it would give the move some creative wiggle room, but I've heard nothing good about it from the pre-screenings. :(
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)