• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know what makes me sad about communal supplies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm past the communal supply time since mine is all done with that. But I just feel like back to school shopping was more fun for me as a kid than what my daughter got to experience. I liked picking out all these personalized things. Oh well. I had uniforms. At least my kid expressed herself with her clothes.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM
I am 46 years old, communal supplies were a thing way back in my day, especially in the lower grades, 3rd and down, I don't think I ever felt ripped off because of it....then again I don't really remember those years, and most kids won't either.
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM

luckily my kids can still have some fun. once we turn in the community supplies they take their personal stuff. they have crazy pencils they take later and put in their box in their desk.

my middle schooler gets to pick out fun folders this year. she is so excited that she doesn't have to have a plain folder. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM
I am 29 there were no communal supplies when i went to school but we did have to wear uniforms.

Now they no longer have to wear uniforms and every student K-12 is getting a backpack with school supplies.

They're are however asking parents to donate hand sanitizer, tissue , rulers, clorox wipes, rulers, scissors and Ziploc bags.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM
33 went to private school and even in the younger years it was communal supplies. It makes it easier for the teacher to have supplies on hand when a kid needs them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Also my 3rd and 5th graders don't have communal supplies but they tell them what color folder and notebooks to have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)