Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I liable to buy her a new phone? UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My Dd12 just texted me ..I was outside with ds9 at the park. He was playing with my neighbor's kids...at one point I walked away because my kids dad showed up to pick them up for a weekend visit ...I walked back and I saw one of the boys crying hard ...I said what happened...my son shrugged his shoulders and said he fell. I glanced at him he wasn't bleeding or nothing so I left.

Dd just texted me saying ds9 broke the neighbor's phone and the screen cracked and I'm going to have to pay for it. I said wth? What neighbor you guys just left with ur dad!

Apparently ds didn't tell me that the reason the boy was crying is because ds9 challenged the boy and said I bet you can't climb over this fence...the boy said I can climb it and ds gave him a boost...he fell and that's why he was crying and their mom's cellphone got broke in the process. ..

Wtf...

The mom wasn't outside the boys are outside alone all day long into the night. The mom is sickly and her husband is now bedridden so I rarely see them outside..

However she's also batshit crazy...legit crazy...she's a maniac when she's pissed off. I saw her chase another woman into a store once .

Am I liable to buy her a new phone or pay to get it repaired?

Dd told me the neighbor is probably going to knock on my door soon.

Idk what kind of phone it is no one told me anything at the park!

My money is honestly extremely low right now and I'm having anxiety over this...

I never saw a phone in the boys hands the whole time I was out there! They were riding my son's scooter back and forth and running jumping and playing
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope the kid broke it not your ds
Olioxenfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM
I would make my son work ot off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM

No, you're not.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
If it wasnr in your kids hand its npt for you to fix. And if she comes over dont open fhe door and if she wont leave call the cops.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM
Hmmmm, I'd probably offer to pay half and tell the mom to stop letting her kid walk around with her phone.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:35 PM
I wouldn't pay for it. That's on the kid, or his mom who gave it too him to carry around.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Not your fault.
That's the risk she took giving the phone to her kids.

Maybe he was crying because he wasn't supposed to have it?

It does suck but I don't think youre liable.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Your son didn't break it if the kid fell on it, I'm not sure how this is your sons fault unless he took the phone from the kid and broke it. Your son chaalanging him and giving him a boost isn't breaking the phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM
That's what I'm considering...paying half just to be neighborly...

Even though I really don't care for her at all

Quoting luckysevenwow: Hmmmm, I'd probably offer to pay half and tell the mom to stop letting her kid walk around with her phone.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:38 PM
Why would it be her sons fault though? He didn't have the phone in his hand or even push the kid breaking the phone.

Quoting Olioxenfree: I would make my son work ot off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)