Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your child over weight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
What changes did you make and what was the result?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:14 PM
Yes. Nothing.
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:15 PM
None of my kids are overweight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Yes and nothing. She is 99th percentile for height and weight, always has been. No one is concerned.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:16 PM
All 3 of my boys are thin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:19 PM
My kids are both thin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM
My kids are skinny. My bf His three kids are over weight big time. Him and his ex do nothing about it.
ShesSoUnusual
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:29 PM

Nope. She was pudgy until last year. Now she's tall (she's in the 95th percentile, I believe.) And pretty thin. She's thickly built though. She's pure solid. I call her my Amazon Viking Warrior. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM

When we got custody of my niece when she was 5, she was overweight.  She was upwards of 70 lbs and wearing a size 12.  We adjusted her diet to almost no fast food (she was eating it 3 times a day), and got her a little extra exercise by letting her play outside.  After 2 1/2 months she lost about 8-10 lbs and the courts gave her back to her bio mom.  First thing bio mom said was "you are to skinny".  LOL  We got her back 4 mos later to the day.  We went back to cutting out the fast food and just kept her active.  I don't think she necessarily lost weight, but she did start to thin out.  We just got rid of the rest of the clothes that she came with because she finally outgrew them at the age of 11.  I'm talking winter clothes that she only wore a couple of times a year.  We had pants that came with her for over 5 years.  It was kind of sad.  She is currently a competitive athlete.  She is very aware of what eating in excess can do to your body.  I don't ever stop my kids from eating when they are in the middle of a growth spurt.  I do keep a close eye on the amount of junk they are allowed to consume.  My ODD (was my niece) knows that when I mention that she needs to keep an eye on her portions, it's because I can see a belly starting on her and it truly effects her performance in her sport.  I just want her to be aware of how her clothes fit.  If they start to get to tight in the waist before she outgrows them in the butt, thighs (because of her sport these areas are typically larger than most kids), or length, then we need to look at our diet and exercise.

I don't want my kids to be self concious about their bodies, but I want them to understand that eating right and getting plenty of activity helps to keep us healthy.

My YDD (bio) has NO issues with being overweight.  She is actually very small in stature and weight.  She actually ate as much for dinner tonight as her dad and we didn't think twice.  She is hitting another growth spurt.  I won't stop her from eating as long as she eats what she has served herself as her 2nd helping.

disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM
My daughter's very petite and in now way overweight. She eats junk in moderation, lots of fruits and veggies, and healthy meals. She is in a dance team and constantly in motion.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Nope. We eat healthy and stay active.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)