• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11:30 curfew for almost 15 year old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

DD tonight after work went to whats called a summer stroll.  Basically its like a street fair. She is with friends.  Her usual curfew is 10pm but thats cause she usually takes public transportation.  Tonight she is taking an Uber or car service home. When dh got home from work he happened to ask if she was coming home tonight or sleeping at a friends house.  So i told him she was coming home but had an extended curfew.  He thinks I'm nuts for allowing such a late curfew..  So my question is Am I nuts?  She will be 15 in less than 2 weeks.  We live in Brooklyn NY if that matters.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:29 PM
I think it's fine. My daughter never had a fixed curfew. It's always depended on the particular activity.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:30 PM

If she is traveling with a group I don't see a problem. You trust her and I am guessing hasn't given you a reason not to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:31 PM
In Brooklyn? I'd be nervous. But I'm more used to the boonies.
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:31 PM
Is she responsible? Does she check in periodically or answer if you call? I really see no problem with it as long as she has earned these privileges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:32 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

If she is traveling with a group I don't see a problem. You trust her and I am guessing hasn't given you a reason not to.

She will be with a group while there but will travel home in the UBER alone.  All of her co workers/ Friends live all over Brooklyn so they all go home separately.  Yes I do trust  Dh trusts her as well but he says its the world he doesnt trust.

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:33 PM
I don't see a problem.
pikacat
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM

I think it is totally fine.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Sounds okay to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting luckythreemom: Is she responsible? Does she check in periodically or answer if you call? I really see no problem with it as long as she has earned these privileges.

She's very responsible.  She wont always answer her phone right away but it is very loud there with Music. She does check her phone often to see if she missed any calls and she checks in at least twice and will call as she gets in the car service.

jillian9412
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:35 PM
When I was 15, I didn't have a curfew. The only curfew was the stats 10 pm curfew if you were under 18 and that still didn't stop me from being out late. I was never out in public though, I was always with my daughter's father if I was out late
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)