Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants me to keep the baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 853 Replies
After my parents found out I was pregnant and that the baby's father was too old for me, they kicked me out.

I found an apartment and a place to work. I finished school.

I decided on putting the baby up for adoption to give her a better shot at life.

My parents made trouble for the baby's father and he lost his job and has legal problems. Now he has a much worse job but is doing okay. He said what we had was worth it. He wants to get back together now that I'm 18 and for me to keep our baby.

I still like the parents I picked for the baby and I still like the idea of the adoption. He seems to think we'd do well raising the child together.

Any thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Bump
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM
8 moms liked this
Go with your first mind. You already have a plan. Can you afford to take care of a baby, without him?
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM

Go through with your plans.  Move on and leave him in the dust and do better for yourself.  

ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM
6 moms liked this
It may be different where you live, but I'm pretty sure you'll need his consent to put the baby up for adoption
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM
No I can't.

Quoting Diva-Mami: Go with your first mind. You already have a plan. Can you afford to take care of a baby, without him?
loquaciousred
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM
9 moms liked this

I think you have a lot of things to think about. I'd suggest finding a counselor near you so you have a 3rd party to discuss things with. You want to make sure that the decision to make is the best decision LONG term...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
So if you give the baby up what is keeping him from going to court and fighting for the baby? It won't be the first time a father fought to get custody and had won.
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:09 PM
6 moms liked this
If he wants the child,give it to him.
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Then go for the adoption. It's a better choice. If you still want to date him, do it. See if there is more to build on. Just make sure you take precautions.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I can't.

Quoting Diva-Mami: Go with your first mind. You already have a plan. Can you afford to take care of a baby, without him?
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM
3 moms liked this

You have a plan that you are comfortable with  - follow it. Your ex is probably looking for a way out of his problems (be wary of being sucked in and used until he gets back on his feet). Don't let him use you again. It seems to me that you have a good head on your shoulders so use it :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)