Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants to get married and we just got back together

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
My ex boyfriend (love of my life) and I split up when I was going to college it was over 4 years ago. Recently I moved back to my hometown and we ran into each other. He took me out to dinner and we caught up on each other's lives. Not much has changed with him except he has a really good job and a new apartment. The only thing that has really changed with me is that I have a 2 year old son. He insists that me having another mans child doesn't bother him, I feel that it does from the reaction I got when I told him. Besides that things have been going great, it's almost like we picked up right where we left off. I love him and missed him so much. Tonight we were hanging out and he told me how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and my son and he never wants to lose me again and that he wants to get married. I didn't know what to say, I would love to marry him but I feel that is in the future. We need to make sure that we are still going to work after all these years. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Should I have told him that I'd marry him?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:58 AM

NO!! You should NOT have told him you'd marry him

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM
I would be running the other direction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Why are you so loud about this answer?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

NO!! You should NOT have told him you'd marry him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Why?

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I would be running the other direction.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:02 AM
That is WAY too clingy. It's essentially a first date. Hell fucking no.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why?

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I would be running the other direction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:06 AM
I would be so offended. That's not okay. It takes time to make sure that marriage is the best choice and you broke up for a reason. It sounds like you have barely had time to process everything. You have a child and can't just let yourself be swept away. He has definitely had things going on the last few years and so have you. Please take the time you need to feel comfortable and if he is right, he won't push you faster.
GentleHeartsPA
by Lanie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
4 years is a long time. You both have changed in ways that you havent realized yet. He is basing wanting to marry you from the you he knew 4 years ago ...not the person you are now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:10 AM

No, you are not wrong for feeling that way. Tell him the honest truth that you love him and you missed him and that if everything works out that you will marry him but that you want to make sure that things are going to work out after all the years apart from each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:12 AM
I recently reconnected with my ex after 15 years! He hasn't met my kids yet, but my family is so happy since they all loved him! We are taking it slow, but marriage is in the cards. Good luck op and take your time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:04 AM
That's awesome! I had dreamed of coming back and starting back up with him but I didn't think it would actually happen. Thank you and good luck to you!

Quoting Anonymous 5: I recently reconnected with my ex after 15 years! He hasn't met my kids yet, but my family is so happy since they all loved him! We are taking it slow, but marriage is in the cards. Good luck op and take your time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)