Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My transgender son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 375 Replies
8 moms liked this
So.....tomorrow I am officially announcing on Facebook and by email that my 13 year old is transgender and transitioning from female to male. I am sure I may loose from friends over this. But, my son is worth it. His happiness and trueness to himself is most important.

I hope my friends embrace this and no one is negative !

What would you think if one of your FB friends posted this news?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:17 AM
5 moms liked this
I dont think you need to announce anything and I hope you are not going through woth it all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I am announcing at my sons request. He wants everyone to know. And it is awkward if I start using his new male name on pictures with no explanation.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I dont think you need to announce anything and I hope you are not going through woth it all.
WaterorWine
by Wino on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldnt Judge you unless you put your child on puberty blockers or got them surgery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone on here did that recently and I rolled my eyes really hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:24 AM
No, he has to wait until he is 16 and we will discuss those options . For now it is dressing male, going by he/him pronouns and his name changed from Caitlin to Conner.

Quoting WaterorWine: I wouldnt Judge you unless you put your child on puberty blockers or got them surgery.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:26 AM
4 moms liked this
People who label children for life are disgusting....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:28 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd realize I've associated with a crazy person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't delete them from my friend's list, but I would think they were an idiot for letting their child make such a choice at such a young age. Now if said child was 16, I would feel different.
ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
As a Facebook friend of someone who made the change to female, I appreciated the heads up post. She so asked if anyone had any questions which was super nice. This was a few years before Caitlyn Jenner so there were a few that wouldn't be asked today.
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:50 AM
5 moms liked this

Congratulations on your son and thank you so much for being a supportive parent. I'm wishing the both of you the very best <3 

I'm queer, and most of my friends fall under the LGTBQIA banner, so it wouldn't be shocking or upsetting to anyone on my fb. My oldest is enby, my middle is not sure, and my youngest is still a toddler and just likes to nap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)