Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My transgender son

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So.....tomorrow I am officially announcing on Facebook and by email that my 13 year old is transgender and transitioning from female to male. I am sure I may loose from friends over this. But, my son is worth it. His happiness and trueness to himself is most important.

I hope my friends embrace this and no one is negative !

What would you think if one of your FB friends posted this news?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Replies (371-375):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:39 PM
I am not sure what to say to you.

Quoting Anonymous 63: There is nothing in this area to evolve too. God made man and woman nothing else. Society created everything else.

Quoting Anonymous 20: You are a parent who is not very evolved or aware. I am hoping your children never, ever move beyond what you declare as normal and acceptable. ..they would be in for a lonely ride.

Quoting Anonymous 63: Your a therapist who needs therapy for accepting this mental disability as some kind of normal.

Quoting Anonymous 20: Actually I am licensed to also treat adults and I have a nice comfy seat in my office just waiting for you!

Quoting Anonymous 63: Seeing as most therapist are quacks ill make sure none of my non confused children go to you for any reason.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

I am a clinical therapist and would say your comment suggests someone who has little factual information or insight in this area.

Quoting Anonymous 63: I think society is nurturing a mental disability. And so are the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:59 PM
So I guess we agree to disagree

Quoting Anonymous 20: I am not sure what to say to you.

Quoting Anonymous 63: There is nothing in this area to evolve too. God made man and woman nothing else. Society created everything else.

Quoting Anonymous 20: You are a parent who is not very evolved or aware. I am hoping your children never, ever move beyond what you declare as normal and acceptable. ..they would be in for a lonely ride.

Quoting Anonymous 63: Your a therapist who needs therapy for accepting this mental disability as some kind of normal.

Quoting Anonymous 20: Actually I am licensed to also treat adults and I have a nice comfy seat in my office just waiting for you!

Quoting Anonymous 63: Seeing as most therapist are quacks ill make sure none of my non confused children go to you for any reason.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

I am a clinical therapist and would say your comment suggests someone who has little factual information or insight in this area.

Quoting Anonymous 63: I think society is nurturing a mental disability. And so are the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Indeed.

Quoting Anonymous 63: So I guess we agree to disagree

Quoting Anonymous 20: I am not sure what to say to you.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Sep. 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM
AM news radio. Sorry I didn't answer sooner I'm just getting back to be myself after going through this hurricane Irma.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

May I ask where you found this information as I am in community mental health and am pretty well informed on the current empirical data concerning transgender youth.

Quoting Anonymous 62: 40% of trasgenders commit suicide after a full change. Maybe, you guys should look into other underlying issues such as childhood abuse before making this decision. Talk to different therapists. My heart goes out to your family

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Sep. 17, 2017 at 6:59 PM
So sorry you are going through this.

Quoting Anonymous 62: AM news radio. Sorry I didn't answer sooner I'm just getting back to be myself after going through this hurricane Irma.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

May I ask where you found this information as I am in community mental health and am pretty well informed on the current empirical data concerning transgender youth.

Quoting Anonymous 62: 40% of trasgenders commit suicide after a full change. Maybe, you guys should look into other underlying issues such as childhood abuse before making this decision. Talk to different therapists. My heart goes out to your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)