Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you old enough to remember segregation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
I do. I remember the first day that they integrated our school. It was chaotic and shameful.

Do you remember?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunkissed82
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:45 AM

I remember it like it was yesterday. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Sort of, not really. I'm 54 and I don't remember our schools being segregated, but that's because we lived in a very white town. I don't remember any kids of color ever going to our school. Again....not because of segregation!
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:53 AM
No but Dh does. He remembers life BEFORE segregation.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:55 AM
I remember seeing billboards that said **gger go home in my grandma's little town when I was a teenager. I'm 42 now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I was born in the 80s so i don't know it i remember hearing my family speak about it 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:01 AM
Town I grew up was neutral.
Sunkissed82
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:05 AM

You're only 4 years younger than my mom. The next time I talk to her, I'm going to ask her about it. She's from Texas or Oklahoma....one of the two. She should have a story or two to tell though it may not be very many.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sort of, not really. I'm 54 and I don't remember our schools being segregated, but that's because we lived in a very white town. I don't remember any kids of color ever going to our school. Again....not because of segregation!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:06 AM
My mom does. She was in an all black school in New Jersey starting in 1964.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:08 AM
Yeah...I really have no stories. I grew up in a Mayberry kind of town...very quaint and pleasant.

Quoting Sunkissed82:

You're only 4 years younger than my mom. The next time I talk to her, I'm going to ask her about it. She's from Texas or Oklahoma....one of the two. She should have a story or two to tell though it may not be very many.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sort of, not really. I'm 54 and I don't remember our schools being segregated, but that's because we lived in a very white town. I don't remember any kids of color ever going to our school. Again....not because of segregation!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:10 AM

I am 40 and grew up in a town with a sign that said "**gger don't let the sun set on your ass here". That town is still horrible.

Quoting MissAndree: I remember seeing billboards that said **gger go home in my grandma's little town when I was a teenager. I'm 42 now.

DILLIGAF?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)