Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat advice please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My ex has my 27lb 3 year old in a backless booster!

I want to buy him a safer car seat for his dad's house. But dad's reasoning is that car seats take up to much room in his truck for his other kids to ride too.

So I need a suggestion for something super narrow that won't take up a lot of space. And that will keep my little man safe!

Preferably something with a harness. But at this point anything is better than what he's got.

And I am on a budget. So if it could be less expensive that would be excellent.

If it helps he's 27lbs as I said and about 37in tall.

I know you'll come through for me! Thanks girls!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:39 AM
My three year old the same weight is still rear facing in a nextfit so .. there's that end of the scale.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:40 AM

Wish I could help you out, but my youngest is 10 so, it's been a while since I last bought a car seat. Hopefully someone else will have info that will help you. I'm a firm believer that no 3 year old should be in a backless booster. My kids were still in 5 point harnesses at that age, 2 were still rearfacing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:41 AM
I have him forward facing. But I wouldn't be against him rear facing.

Is that your car seat suggestion? How can I sell my ex on it?

Quoting Anonymous 3: My three year old the same weight is still rear facing in a nextfit so .. there's that end of the scale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally will have him harnessed for a couple more years. As long as I can.

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Wish I could help you out, but my youngest is 10 so, it's been a while since I last bought a car seat. Hopefully someone else will have info that will help you. I'm a firm believer that no 3 year old should be in a backless booster. My kids were still in 5 point harnesses at that age, 2 were still rearfacing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:43 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:44 AM
Have him read the reviews I've never seen as good reviews cars totaled and rolled over and babies have no scratch etc.. Yes! I love it! Id totally recommend this one and it rear faces to 40lbs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have him forward facing. But I wouldn't be against him rear facing.

Is that your car seat suggestion? How can I sell my ex on it?

Quoting Anonymous 3: My three year old the same weight is still rear facing in a nextfit so .. there's that end of the scale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:47 AM
I would get a Britax Pioneer. It's a little over $200, but it will go from harness to high back booster. That will save you from having to replace the seat in a year or 2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)