Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Way to choose a cruise over your grandkids welfare. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 383 Replies
Before I start, I cannot work due to having a disabled daughter. She has a lot of issues and needs a lot of care.

Normally we get by on DH's income but we have had a lot of stuff happen in the past two months. We have had car repairs, my ds broke his arm and my dd was in the hospital. It's been rough and we are really broke. Yesterday I had to walk four miles to the food pantry one way for groceries. Our electric is going to be shut off by Friday if we can't pay $400. Dh doesn't get paid until the 25th.

We just barely made our rent with his paycheck on the 5th. His parents are on a fixed income and struggling. I've tried talking to the electric company, I've called two local churches. Nobody will help.

My parents are well off. ***NOT ONCE HAVE I ASKED FOR HELP FROM THEM SINCE DH AND I GOT TOGETHER.*** I called and asked her for help and she told me to figure it out. Then she has the nerve to brag about taking a cruise in a couple of weeks like she didn't even hear me. I told her it hurt my feelings for her to be like that and she said that I needed to get a job and figure something out.

I hope she enjoys her cruise while her daughter sil and grandkids are sweltering in 100+ degree heat. Bitch.

Update: they extended it until the 25th. I am using swagbucks and inbox dollars to try to earn some extra spending money this month. I'm having a yard sale this weekend to try to get some money together to put towards the electric. That way when dh gets paid we can put some money back for next months rent.

My mom tried to call me today and I'm not calling her back. We have decided it's best to limit contact with her.

Thanks for the people that actually had constructive advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Is there a reason you don't work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:48 AM
17 moms liked this
Well, you seem entitled at the end so iv got nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Put some sugar in your coffee. You don't need any more bitter.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM
8 moms liked this
Oh FFS, so they should cancel their cruise because you guys are too stupI'd to know how to budget your money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM
12 moms liked this
You aren't entitled to be given anything. Your parents are free to spend their money however they want, including on themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM
7 moms liked this
Well she's right. There are even agencies that will pay you for taking care of your daughter. Look into those. I have lots of tenants who get paid to care for disabled family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
She's right. It's not her responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
It's called life. There are ups and downs. Can you put any money on the electronic bill? Most of the time if you can pay some they won't shut it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM
7 moms liked this
You do realize that she probably booked that cruise months ago, right?
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM
6 moms liked this

Did she just start acting like this or has she always been like this?

Sorry, don't buy the "i have a disabled daughter so I cannot work". Work 2nd shift.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)