Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah, you're not trying to help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
There was a wedding gown store that went out of business leaving many women's without dresses. Alfred something or other.

There's a lady on Facebook that said she wants to help someone who was screwed over by the store so she's offering her wedding dress that normally cost 1000 for 750. And you have to get it dry cleaned.

Yeah lady you aren't wanting to help, you're hoping to cash in on some poor lady who's trying to find a dress at the last minute. Just be honest. Just sell it, or try to sell it, don't say you're trying to help.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Pretty much.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Yeah, she's definitely not trying to help, I saw an article about the seamstress who worked there fixing & altering a ton of dresses for free, she's trying to help!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM
She spelled 'cash in' wrong.
redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Alfred Angelo. And yeah if she wanted to help someone she would give it away for free. She is just trying to sell it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:21 AM
Or lower the price. Hell sell it for 100 and call it a day.

Quoting redbottoms: Alfred Angelo. And yeah if she wanted to help someone she would give it away for free. She is just trying to sell it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe that's sweet :)

If I could sew I'd offer to help to.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Yeah, she's definitely not trying to help, I saw an article about the seamstress who worked there fixing & altering a ton of dresses for free, she's trying to help!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM
I should've taken a screen shot of it. That lady was just wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She spelled 'cash in' wrong.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM

I agree.  Trying to help would be giving away that dess that you know you are never going to wear again.

Kills me, the way people spend so much on a dress, thinking it will be a forever keepsake.  It takes up a huge footprint in their closet and nobody ever looks at it again except to move it out of the way, but they can't let it go for cheap becasue it cost so much.  There is teh rare family that passes down wedding dresses and they actually get worn again, but that is the exception, not the norm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM
People pulled crap like that with Katrina victims too.
It's disgusting to profit directly due to others misfortunes.
Predatory and gross. 😕

Quoting Anonymous 1: I should've taken a screen shot of it. That lady was just wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She spelled 'cash in' wrong.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:25 AM
I just saw it a day or two ago. Apparently, she took all of the dresses that were still there (with permission I hope lol) and is trying to get as many as she can done & to the correct people. Article said she's been putting in 15 hour days.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Awe that's sweet :)

If I could sew I'd offer to help to.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Yeah, she's definitely not trying to help, I saw an article about the seamstress who worked there fixing & altering a ton of dresses for free, she's trying to help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)