Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go out?

Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Not everyday with your kids but most. My kids little 1yr. I don't like going out much I'm a homebody I guess you could say.the thought of going out makes me anxious. I hate talking to other people when I go to the park or wherever. Am I the only one. O know when he's older I'll have to go out. Even when school starts....i don't know whats wrong with me
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:20 AM
When my daughter was that age, we were out of the house more than in.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM
pretty much every day. When they were little though not so much. We had to do errands or we went and did things like playgrounds or the pool or the zoo or the children's museum a couple times a week.

Now though my kids are in school and I go to the gym every single day or run errands every day.

OP-you are going to have to get over your social anxiety for your kids though. You don't have to go out every day but at least once to twice a week your child deserves an outing-the zoo, the park, the playground, the nature center, the library, the indoor playground, a visit to a friend's house, etc. Don't isolate your kid because of your issues
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM

You sound like you could use some counseling.  We go out most days.

by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:29 AM

I spend all day out on Mondays as my girls have music school through the homeschool group.

Tuesdays- Karate

Thursday- Karate

There are also errands done throughout the week. I'm gone a lot. 

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:39 AM
I understand.
When my now 15year old was young, we were out almost daily, or in the yard outside.
Now, I have toddler twins. I also have RA now that I didn't have 10 years ago. So physically I am totally different now than then.
I get them out in the yard almost daily.
We go to the park, zoos, library... once a week. I have a ton of guilt that I am not the same with them as I was with my first born.
You really should try to talk to someone about your anxiety or try to do a little more with your little guy.
It truly does help kids interact with others, get used to different situations that they don't see at home, it just helps them socialize too. Start by doing little things.
Hey, when I am @ the park or around other moms, I don't want to be their buddies- I don't expect them to talk to me, just be courteous. I am pretty sure most women feel this way too.
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Rarely did I ever go anywhere without my ex-husband when the kids were little. I found dealing with babies/toddlers alone and out of the house way more stressful than it was worth.
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:49 AM
When ny oldest was that age i was attached to a toilet 75% of the time from morning sickness. After my youngest was born I made a point to get out of the house 3 times a week.
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:52 AM

When my daughter was that age it was the park every day. It was pretty much the park every day until my kids were 5 or 6. 

by Gina on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:55 AM

We go out to eat and shopping but not much more than that on weekdays. I just want to relax after work and taking DS anywhere is not relaxing most of the time. 

by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone ...its a storm of things today. My anxiety, said child was up all night he still doesn't sleep through the night at least twice kids up. I'm going to get a part time job I think and make a day as for now to go out with him. Maybe being a stay at home mom isn't for ne...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)