Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So PISSED OFF at the Food Stamp Office

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I'm SO FUCKING MAD. My food stamps went from $80 to $16 and the food stamp office won't let me know why.

Last month I put in a change of information, since my rent went up. I was told that they needed my landlords phone number to confirm that. They always wanted me to turn the form packet that they sent out, back in. I gave them my landlord's info and returned the packet via mail. My food stamps was approved when I logged in. I assumed all was good. I received my food stamps.

The 5th came and went and I noticed I didn't have any. I called and asked them why, they told me they had never received my benefits paperwork and that I have to reapply. I did yesterday and submitted all the paperwork, this time I did it online and not through the mail. Today a lady calls me and tells me I'm not only going to get $16. I'm like, why??! My income didn't change at all, just my rent went up. I asked them why and I spoke to two representatives and they can't tell me why because their system is locked.

I'm just so angry and frustrated. I have next to nothing in the fridge and I have my DD. I already don't get a lot because I work but $16?! The worst part is that I won't even get them until NEXT month bc they told me that's when they will take effect. :( I just don't understand this... anyway, just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)