Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister learned that her kids are not exceptions finally

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

She is one of those "my shit dont stink" type people. Everything she does is right and if you disagree YOU are wrong. She thinks she is above all rules and that everyone will do what she wants

Well she was finally told no and that her kids were not exceptions. She wanted them to go to the same private school my kids go to. It is a great school but they are pretty strict about the rules. 

One of their rules is that every child has to be vaccinated. The only exception is for medical reasons which you have to prove to the school. My sister doesnt vax her kids. She was on the whole "vaccines cause autism" train and now she just thinks they are stupid. 

Well she went to the school to turn in all her paperwork. They asked for the immunization records. She said she didnt have any but would be happy to sign the forms for exemptions. They said that isnt how it worked. Either she needs to bring immunization records showing that the kids are up to date or they would not be able to attend. She tried saying it was against her religion and all that but they said that did not matter. 

She demanded they give her her money back (there is an application fee per kid) and they said no. 

Now her kids are going to have to go to the public school they have been going to. Which is really really shitty 

She wants us all to feel bad for her but none of us do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lowencope
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:04 PM
I think anti-vax* is dumb, but I usually don't express it on here because a lot of moms are on board with it. I think in a weird way, this is a sweet kind of revenge (for you) because you don't like your sisters attitude. I get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:09 PM
First that is a dumb reason as to not vaccinate her children.
Second she should have been honest with the school and saved herself the hassle. Third why do you have to post that on here?
jd83
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Public school is not the end of the world, although that's the vibe I'm getting in this post. In fact, there are some really fantastic public schools. If the particular school where she lives isn't great, well, she can move to a better school district.

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Maybe she will learn something. Probably not, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:16 PM

The public schools in our area are really really bad. I know they arent all like that but the ones here suck. Last year there were so many lockdowns because there were weapons found on campus... of the elementary school 

I told her she should move also but she wont 

Quoting jd83:

Public school is not the end of the world, although that's the vibe I'm getting in this post. In fact, there are some really fantastic public schools. If the particular school where she lives isn't great, well, she can move to a better school district.

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:24 PM

There is no x in the word vaccinate. Why can't you just say vaccinate? It is hard to take someone seriously when they can't use real words.

But I do understand how you feel. I have relatives like your sister. I recently went through this crap with my cousin. She lives in a trailer with a strict no dogs policy but her boyfriend's pit bull had puppies and she decided that she was entitled to have one even though her lease said she wasn't allowed. The dog is almost a year old and the landlord sees her out walking him (he doesn't live in the trailer park but he was visiting a tenant) and gives her two weeks to find him another home or she will be evicted. So she starts calling everyone in the family and really hounding me because we have a farm and 8 dogs so to her that means that we have infinate room for her dog. The dog was aggressive so I wouldn't have it in my house around my kids and other animals and of course no one else would take him. I found a pit bull rescue for her to take him to but she had it in her head that it would be temporary until her landlord forgot about him. So during this drama, my elderly basset hound died and she decided that now I had room and I should understand what it is like to lose a dog. I lost my shit with her and told her I wasn't helping her. She finally took the dog to the rescue I found for her. Hopefully he is better off now. 

jd83
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:24 PM

She sounds entitled. It's really not difficult, like she's trying to make it out to be. She can 1.vaccinate her kids so they can go to the private school, or 2. move to a better public school district. If the schools where I live had issues like you just mentioned, I would move in a heartbeat. Good school district trumps the house any day of the week.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

The public schools in our area are really really bad. I know they arent all like that but the ones here suck. Last year there were so many lockdowns because there were weapons found on campus... of the elementary school 

I told her she should move also but she wont 

Quoting jd83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a common abbreviation. 

Quoting Cowgirl_Coyote:

There is no x in the word vaccinate. Why can't you just say vaccinate? It is hard to take someone seriously when they can't use real words.

But I do understand how you feel. I have relatives like your sister. I recently went through this crap with my cousin. She lives in a trailer with a strict no dogs policy but her boyfriend's pit bull had puppies and she decided that she was entitled to have one even though her lease said she wasn't allowed. The dog is almost a year old and the landlord sees her out walking him (he doesn't live in the trailer park but he was visiting a tenant) and gives her two weeks to find him another home or she will be evicted. So she starts calling everyone in the family and really hounding me because we have a farm and 8 dogs so to her that means that we have infinate room for her dog. The dog was aggressive so I wouldn't have it in my house around my kids and other animals and of course no one else would take him. I found a pit bull rescue for her to take him to but she had it in her head that it would be temporary until her landlord forgot about him. So during this drama, my elderly basset hound died and she decided that now I had room and I should understand what it is like to lose a dog. I lost my shit with her and told her I wasn't helping her. She finally took the dog to the rescue I found for her. Hopefully he is better off now. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:30 PM
😀😀😀
Well too bad so sad for her.
My sister can be all high and mighty about stuff, too, so I get the satisfaction here.
The whole anti-vax thing for normal, healthy children is such BS.
Its nice to see places like this taking medical proof only for not vaccinating.
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:33 PM

It became common because people kept using it. It's still annoying. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It is a common abbreviation. 

Quoting Cowgirl_Coyote:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)