Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people thing this is safe??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Mobile Photo

I took this from a FB video with thousands of views...

But seriously? Who buckles their kid in like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:28 PM
I have belted in an infant seat. Not like that though, I've done it rear facing with the belt actually through the slots on the sides.
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Because CHEESE!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM
That's what those side thingies are for. To use the belt but that car seat is not properly installed. It's not supposed to be forward facing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have belted in an infant seat. Not like that though, I've done it rear facing with the belt actually through the slots on the sides.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM
People are idiots who don't read the car seat manual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:32 PM
I've belted the seat in too. But it was done properly. I see so many people forward facing infant carriers. And belting in seats that shouldn't be belted in.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have belted in an infant seat. Not like that though, I've done it rear facing with the belt actually through the slots on the sides.
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:37 PM
People are bad at following instructions. Almost every pic of kids in car seats online that I see the kids are improperly restrained. The number of people who don't put their kids in car seats at all is even worse
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:38 PM

Quoting KairisMama: People are idiots who don't read the car seat manual.

momofcatandmone
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Well, I have seen SO many people riding with babies that age in their laps in the front seat that I will almost indorse this. I really had no idea so many people we so damn ignorant or maybe they just don't care. I haven't decided which. I had a girl come through and she was driving and I asked her how old her baby was that her boyfriend had lying in his lap, 5 weeks. 5 damn weeks. They had an empty car seat in the back. There was a toddler standing in the back and another child slumped over taking a nap... At least this idiot tried.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Is that baby forward facing in a seat meant to rear face? Yeah, not safe at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Who cares? Not my kid? Not my problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)