Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We pressed statutory rape charges

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies

DD 16 told us about this guy she was dating. She said he went to another nearby school. When we met him I knew something was off. It was pretty clear that he wasnt 17 like DD said. At first I thought she was lying to us but she showed me all the messages of them talking where he clearly said he was 17 and all that

Well I looked him up and he is actually 23 years old. He obviously doesnt go to this other school. He had lied about it to her. She was shocked and said that this same guy had tried to date other girls at her school before her. She broke down in tears and admitted that she had sex with him. She said he made he feel special and now she just felt used. 

Knowing that they had actually had sex DH and I called the police. They came out and questioned DD about exactly what happened. They asked if we wanted to press charges and we said yes 

We arent sure what will happen next but I really can not believe it. DD is heart broken. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Good for you.  It's he's been trying to get with other girls from the school then he is a preditor.  

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

you need to talk to dd.tell her she needs to know someone more before sex..

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm glad you followed through. I'm sorry your DD has to deal with those feelings. The most telling thing about that you should have followed through was when she said he tried to date other girls in her school. He's obviously a predator, not someone who developed feelings for your daughter. Also that he lied, which is inexcusable, it took away your dd's right to make choices based on information that was kept from her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Good. If it were a one time thing I wouldn't agree, but since he's been trying and finally succeeded, I agree. Now to teach your daughter some self worth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:09 PM

We did talk about it. They have been talking and been friends for over a year now. All her friends knew him the way she did... as a student at the other school. This guy was really creepy, he even had a facebook page like he did go to that other school. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry that your daughter needed to sleep with him in order to feel special. You will need to address that issue. 

Has he been arrested yet? Is there an investigation? Has the school(s) been notified? 

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

well,did any kids that actually went to that school know him?did she know his friends?his parents?how do you,as a teen,date someone seriously enough for sex and you never meet their parets?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We did talk about it. They have been talking and been friends for over a year now. All her friends knew him the way she did... as a student at the other school. This guy was really creepy, he even had a facebook page like he did go to that other school. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM

He absolutely deserves it.  What a fucking pig.    I know the age of consent in my state is 17 and he would be guilty here as well because there is a 7 yr age difference.  I sure hope this affects his ability to live a normal life in the future.  

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM
Glad you pressed charges. Now other girls will be protected against this creep. I am sorry this happened to your dd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:16 PM

DD only has a couple friends that actually go to that school and they did know him. It seems like he went to parties and stuff like that. 

She had hung out with a lot of his friends, who go to her school. No she didnt know his parents but she did meet who he said was his cousin. He said that is who he lived with. I have more a feeling that it was a room mate or something not actual family. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

well,did any kids that actually went to that school know him?did she know his friends?his parents?how do you,as a teen,date someone seriously enough for sex and you never meet their parets?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)