Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Accidents at school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
It's only the second day of school and my second grader has had 2 accidents! 1 today and one yesterday. He is shy and sometimes won't tell the teacher he has to go to the bathroom.....he rarely told the teacher he had to go in first grade but never had an accident. Is this still common with 7 year olds when starting back at school. He had spare clothes yesterday but not today and had to sit in the nurses office till I got threre with a change of clothes. I even told him he can use a secret hand signal if he needs to go. I don't want this to be a pattern or start having other kids find out and make fun of him. Has anyone else gone through this with their second grader?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mompam
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Talk to the teacher. She can have him go at a certain time every day. Like at 10 and 1 until he starts to feel more comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, I will bring that up with his teacher.

Quoting mompam: Talk to the teacher. She can have him go at a certain time every day. Like at 10 and 1 until he starts to feel more comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:50 PM
I can't be the only mom that's dealt with this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM
Bump
pinkdragon36
by No on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:23 PM
We did but later found out the teacher was not letting him go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg I would be livid if my sons teacher did that! I'm sure you were too.

Quoting pinkdragon36: We did but later found out the teacher was not letting him go.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk to the teacher and tell him he is shy and has a problem letting teachers know when he has to go. I would think that if she makes sure he uses the bathroom after every recess and lunch, that he should be covered. How do the other kids let her know they need to go?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:36 PM
If it's like first grade, they just raise thier hand if they need to go. He is too shy and never asks but never had accidents in first grade.

Quoting susannah2000:

You need to talk to the teacher and tell him he is shy and has a problem letting teachers know when he has to go. I would think that if she makes sure he uses the bathroom after every recess and lunch, that he should be covered. How do the other kids let her know they need to go?

my2kidsmom9498
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:37 PM
My son had a few early on in school, he figured out pretty fast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)