Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should i do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
So dh has been waiting on a job. He talked to a GF on the job and his name was turned in today. They said he'll get a call by the end of the week. I was hoping it would happen before now, but it is what it is. Our rent is paid up until the end of the month so I have until the end of the month to get packed and our lease expires next month. The problem is the job is about 6 hrs away and school starts next week. So unless I want to pull my son out of school after 2 weeks I will need to get packed over the weekend. Also we have no place to go but a hotel. So my stuff will have to go in storage.

Upside to moving this weekend

*Ds won't have to be pulled out of school right after starting

* if I am out by the 1st I won't have to pay Sept rent

*I can disconnect my electric, internet and other bills used by living here

* saves us money by not supporting two households

Downside

* I am going to have to pack a whole house within a couple of day

*we will be in a hotel until we find a place with our dog

* we have to decide now within 3 town close to his job we want to move because where we get a hotel at we will have to stay for school

*90% of my stuff will have to go into storage

I really hate moving this close to school but it will benefit us to do so. I haven't packed anything because we didn't know when he would get the call.

Also should I start packing now or wait for the call.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Being a military family we've done that a lot but we always secured a home off post months before moving. Why didn't you secure your house earlier?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM

I wouldn't be planning a move until I knew for sure the job was offered and accepted. 

Do you have photos

Have you included a poll

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM
Because we didn't know when he would get the call. It could hsve been in July or August or Sept and we can't pay rent for two places once of which we aren't living in yet. Plus it is a long distance away .we really don't have time to drive and look at places. That is 12 hrs round trip

Quoting Anonymous 2: Being a military family we've done that a lot but we always secured a home off post months before moving. Why didn't you secure your house earlier?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Omg, wait until he actually has a job offered to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:35 PM
It is set in stone that it will happen by the end of this week. Of it happens by the end of the week Is what I am asking about. I wouldn't move otherwise. It wouldn't make sense

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Set in stone by someone who does the hiring or a good friend who is running his mouth?

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is set in stone that it will happen by the end of this week. Of it happens by the end of the week Is what I am asking about. I wouldn't move otherwise. It wouldn't make sense
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:38 PM
A general foreman on the job. They are the ones who turn in the names for who they want to bring out there to work on their crew.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Set in stone by someone who does the hiring or a good friend who is running his mouth?

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is set in stone that it will happen by the end of this week. Of it happens by the end of the week Is what I am asking about. I wouldn't move otherwise. It wouldn't make sense

Quoting Anonymous 4:

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM

It isn't set in stone until he has an official offer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM
Yes it is. It is a general foreman on the job. This isn't first time we have done this

Quoting JalynSpoon:

It isn't set in stone until he has an official offer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Just because his name has been put in, does not mean it's a guarantee he will get the job. What is set in stone is that he will get a call for an interview for the job.  He probably won't even know right away & he will have at least a 60 day probabtionary period to see if he is a good fit.

Quoting Anonymous 1: A general foreman on the job. They are the ones who turn in the names for who they want to bring out there to work on their crew.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)