Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I just leave him in the crib?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My 11 month old is fighting naps lately, not that he doesn't need them. He does but he doesn't want to sleep. Yesterday he was up for nearly 7 hours before he finally fell asleep and for 5 of those hours he was miserable, fussy and generally not himself. I put him down for a nap about 10 minutes ago. Changed him beforehand, nursed him and rocked him then told him it was sleep time. He's been good at putting himself fully to sleep for a few months now. He was nearly asleep when he stood up and has been bouncing, yelling (mama!) and fussing off and on since. I'm tired. I know he's tired. Should I just let him figure it out or should I go try and put him down again?

I let him fuss and talk and he fell asleep!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:33 PM
Has he been sick? It could just be a phase. Is he going to bed and waking up at the same time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM
My son stopped napping at one year old. The pediatrician told me if it was such a fight to put him down and he didn't fall asleep within a few minutes not sit there and try for 2 hours.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:35 PM
I'd give him a few more minutes
RachelBy
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM
I'd hold him and rock him to sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Not sick, teething. He has a tiny bit of seperation anxiety. His sleep schedule at night is the same and he's cut the afternoon nap out so he has 2 naps a day now. He's a PITA (excuse my language) without the 2 naps

Quoting owl0210: Has he been sick? It could just be a phase. Is he going to bed and waking up at the same time?
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM
It was at this age that my so. Started the same! We fought it for four months before the pedi advised it was time for cry it out as we were being played. We started cio the night after he was crying while I showered and started laughing when I talked to him thru our doors while I was changing.

First night took 3-15 min intervals between checks

Second took 2

The 3rd took 2

And the fourth he was asleep before the timer went off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM
He wakes up when I put him down when I rock him to sleep

Quoting RachelBy: I'd hold him and rock him to sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM
It makes me feel so bad to hear him fussing but he's not crying and he needs to sleep so...

Quoting Isaacsmom913: It was at this age that my so. Started the same! We fought it for four months before the pedi advised it was time for cry it out as we were being played. We started cio the night after he was crying while I showered and started laughing when I talked to him thru our doors while I was changing.

First night took 3-15 min intervals between checks

Second took 2

The 3rd took 2

And the fourth he was asleep before the timer went off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:38 PM
He had three naps a day? Damn. I know my child is a weirdo but that seems like a lot.

What time does he wake up, what time are the naps and when is it bedtime?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not sick, teething. He has a tiny bit of seperation anxiety. His sleep schedule at night is the same and he's cut the afternoon nap out so he has 2 naps a day now. He's a PITA (excuse my language) without the 2 naps

Quoting owl0210: Has he been sick? It could just be a phase. Is he going to bed and waking up at the same time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Mine still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps through the night. If he doesn't get both naps he's a terror

Quoting Anonymous 2: My son stopped napping at one year old. The pediatrician told me if it was such a fight to put him down and he didn't fall asleep within a few minutes not sit there and try for 2 hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)