Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Observation, MEPS today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son was at MEPS today, military enlistment processing, for his swearing in etc. He had been there since yesterday and had of course made a bunch of new friends. He's rather outgoing.

Anywho, he introduced a young woman to me and told me that she's going to be a xxxx like you. My military group when I was in. Our group is rather small so of course she became an instant little sister to me. But my son told me that her parents had disowned her because she had a girlfriend. Which of course made me just take her under my wing even more. We sat and chatted for awhile during this and that, I took pictures of her enlisting and texted them to her. I let her know if she needed anything to feel free to text me.

It just never ceases to amaze me. Your child is your child no matter what they do, who they are or who they choose to love.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:41 PM

I agree. I could never disown my daughter for being who she is. I can't even fathom that. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I will never understand people who disown their children for being gay. I'm glad she has you now.
waspy101
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM
Not everyone can be amazing like the three of you.

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM
What branch? I'm retired Air Force and recruited for 9 years, 3 of those years I was a liaison at the Pittsburgh Meps. I'm happy she's getting away from her intolerant family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:57 PM
My son has joined the Army. I'm a Seabee vet. The young woman above is going into the Seabees.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: What branch? I'm retired Air Force and recruited for 9 years, 3 of those years I was a liaison at the Pittsburgh Meps. I'm happy she's getting away from her intolerant family.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:01 PM
I'm glad you took the time to recognize her and support her during a very important day in her life. Thanks from a fellow vet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:01 PM
It's not amazing to not disown your child for being gay. It's normal. It's average. It's just basic parenting.

Quoting waspy101: Not everyone can be amazing like the three of you.

waspy101
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:21 PM
They have all served or are serving in the military. That's what I was referring to.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not amazing to not disown your child for being gay. It's normal. It's average. It's just basic parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:23 PM
I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. My bad.

Quoting waspy101: They have all served or are serving in the military. That's what I was referring to.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not amazing to not disown your child for being gay. It's normal. It's average. It's just basic parenting.

waspy101
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:26 PM
It's cool. I don't want my sons to serve so this to me is crazy strong on the amazing scale.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. My bad.

Quoting waspy101: They have all served or are serving in the military. That's what I was referring to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)