Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my daughter I do not want a relationship with her at all

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 396 Replies
1 mom liked this

I gave her up for adoption 20 years ago. I was in a bad spot in my life and was not fit to be a mother at all. I of course was devastated about it but in all these years I have come to terms with it. She went to a nice family that could provide her with anything she would ever need. 

I wanted a closed adoption. I wanted to be able to "move on" with my life as much as I could. I wanted that to be the start of my new life where I made good choices. That was my first good choice. I wanted it to always be closed. 

Well now my life is good. I am happily married and have a career I love. My life is good where it is now. 

Well she contacted me. She wants to meet me and my family and get to know us. I replied saying sorry I was not interested. 

I dont feel the need to meet her. I wanted it closed for a reason. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM
😖
I don't even know what to say
Franny76
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM
20 moms liked this
Oh that's sad. But you sound like you're doing her a favor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
You suck.
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM
I think it would be a nice gesture to at least meet her for lunch or dinner once, but if you don't want a relationship with her it's good you made that clear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM
8 moms liked this
Wow. How do you sleep at night? Do you find it difficult to stomach the decisions you make, or are you just a complete narcissist? Or a troll...please be a troll.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:58 PM
I guess she's better off without you. But you suck as a person and I hope your other kids cut out from their lives
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Just because I wanted a closed adoption doesnt mean I suck 

Quoting Anonymous 4: I guess she's better off without you. But you suck as a person and I hope your other kids cut out from their lives

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM
9 moms liked this
That's what usually happens with adoption and it's one of the reasons why I'm pro-choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:02 PM

At first I didnt sleep at all. But I grieved the adoption and the loss and then I started moving on with my life. 

I never thought I would have to talk to her ever again and I am okay with that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Wow. How do you sleep at night? Do you find it difficult to stomach the decisions you make, or are you just a complete narcissist? Or a troll...please be a troll.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

How did she find you?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Just because I wanted a closed adoption doesnt mean I suck 

Quoting Anonymous 4: I guess she's better off without you. But you suck as a person and I hope your other kids cut out from their lives

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)