Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm asking my husband for 5 months

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
He wants to leave me. Ok. But im asking he waits until the new year. I need time. Time to plan, time to find work and maybe save some money. I've been a sahm for 7 years and if he leaves before I can get some things in order it's just going to be awful.

I'll ask for a few months support, but that's it.

He said he's taking our child too, I have no idea how likely that is. I have no experience with divorce or custody issues. But that's another issue.

Is this reasonable? The time I mean?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

i'd go for alimoney to help get me back on my feet in the mean time. he doesn't have to give you anytime so asking us wont do you much good. good luck with it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd speak to a lawyer. He can't just leave you with nothing and he can't just up and take your child. A lawyer is what you need to guide you through this and if you can't afford someone, find one who will take you on and get paid after the settlement (which your ex will pay for).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:46 PM

You need a lawyer asap. As of now he can do whatever he wants kid wise. He could move across the country and it would be legal. I'd take half of everything in all accounts. You might get alimony depending on how long you've been married and you're entitled to his pension. Well part of it. YOU NEED A LAWYER. Do not get screwed. Try not to let him be alone with your child. He might take off for good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:47 PM
We haven't been married long enough for me to request alimony. We've been married seven years and in this state I'm almost positive you have to be married at least 10 years. But I do know because of the fact I left my career and have been a stay-at-home mom for the last 7 years I can request transitional support to help me in paying the bills and whatnot until I can get consistent work to pay the bills on my own. And obviously my plan would be to keep my son and get child support. Thank you, I never in a million years imagined those words coming out of my husband's mouth, this all kind of came to a head last night and I've been crying for hours on little sleep and I'm just lost right now.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

i'd go for alimoney to help get me back on my feet in the mean time. he doesn't have to give you anytime so asking us wont do you much good. good luck with it all.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Lawyer time ASAP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:48 PM
I plan on telling him tonight that if he wants to divorce that's fine, but there's not a chance in hell I'm going to let him take our child. And I don't want to take my child from him either, but I will demand full custody and will happily agree to a parenting plan and visitation.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd speak to a lawyer. He can't just leave you with nothing and he can't just up and take your child. A lawyer is what you need to guide you through this and if you can't afford someone, find one who will take you on and get paid after the settlement (which your ex will pay for).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:48 PM
Make an appointment with a lawyer now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM
You all are right, I'd like to sit with him and a lawyer and do it right.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You need a lawyer asap. As of now he can do whatever he wants kid wise. He could move across the country and it would be legal. I'd take half of everything in all accounts. You might get alimony depending on how long you've been married and you're entitled to his pension. Well part of it. YOU NEED A LAWYER. Do not get screwed. Try not to let him be alone with your child. He might take off for good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Lawyer, lawyer lawyer!
pinkdragon36
by No on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Sorry momma (((Hugs))). Get a lawyer now so you can take care of yourself and start custody right now do not wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)