Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Daddy" issues?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I've never been able to pick a good man. I have 2 kids.

The father of my first was physically abusive to me and the father of my second was verbally abusive to me. Both were very cruel and cheaters.

When I told my friend that I broke up with my last boyfriend she said she was glad and that i should get some help for my "daddy issues."

I don't know why she thinks I have daddy issues just because I didn't have a father growing up, but I could be wrong.

Is she right? It kills me that my kids won't have a good father figure in their lives because I know that sucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM
Bump
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
People love that term. Something about your personality draws abusers in and something about your personality also makes men in that realm attractive. Maybe it's because of "daddy issues" maybe not. Only way to find out is some serious introspection and probably some counseling.
Babyberry000
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Not having a good male role model growing up can definitely distort views on what a healthy relationship is. Not saying it will always happen or that it's a definite cause but I'd definitely go to some sort of therapy. Even if it's just too break that cycle of abusive relationships
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:17 PM
My parents were married, my father passive, and my mother abusive.

I attract total losers and stayed with an abuser 10 years. I know for me, my childhood affected my adult relationships.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)